• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing 8500DV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

I was wondering first off if anyone succesfully ocing their AIW 8500dv??

most progs don't work, 'cept Power Strip...

But I get probs quickly...

I use Game 4 nature to test the stability

I think It may be a drive issue I'm not sure...

I have huge ramsinks on the 4 ram chips on the back... they're like 2 inches tall... custom made lotsa pins on each...

stock GPU cooling...

but when I push the OC.. the test quickly goes super RETARDED...
and when I exit to desktop it stays wack...
if GPU was overhearing it should lock up, and if ram is overheating it should show artifacts... this is neither...

any ideas?
here's a pic of my desktop after I exit...

ouch! .. could it be cause of the tv tuner it has on board? .. maybe.. powerstrip doesn't do the trick.. I was playing with it for almost a month, ended up burning my card LOL! but it was not powerstrip tho' .. I honestly think Tv Tuner is a factor here.. but that just a wild guess :(

the Coax tuner part doesn't seem to get too warm..

I don't understand why it's not progessive it just happens allova sudden??:confused:

Think maybe theres another clock (or something) to be adjusted on the card?
Like say uping the clock speed on ram and core throws something else outa wack which in turn wacks everything else...?

Whats your score at default with the card anyway? Just curious...

it's stock 230/190....

ram timiings are stuck at normal, no choices to change it...

and it's 5ns ram...

quite depressing really...

bought ATI's like most expensive card.. thinking I'd have best of both worlds...
NOPE....

Ironically If I cheaped out and bought the normal 8500 I would had a better card.... sighhhh

:( :(

how about some details?

how far u get? what drivers u use? any mods? etc

PLEASE!! and thank u

I get much past 215-220 on ram

I just did it see what it could do. I think its pointless to oc the card though. The only reason i see to overclock a 8500 is for 3dmark benchies but this card realy aint a benchmarkin card. I run mine at stock now. Did have it at 275x215. Just run your at stock. No need to oc the card anyways.

Back