• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Chimp Chirps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

After our normal "turtle" like start, we've bounced back up from last place. That's no surprise since several of our fellow racers begin making their pre-race preparations, long before we do.

With the new format, smaller teams are favored a bit, so it's no surprise that Beavers_Gone_Banana's are now 0.4 chimp points ahead of second place, after 2 hours. These are the Hardware Canucks (VERY closely affiliated with the NCIX team. They raced together as one team, in last years CC).

Why this thread?

I want to invite more team mates to join us in the CC.

Thrid hour updates are just coming in: 3:30 pm (they're available every hour on the halves): Updates in a minute

Code:
 	Rank  	Chimp Points  	Total Folding Points
Beavers_GB 	1 	1.87 	434,618
max_monkey 	2 	1.41 	842,012
OCNChimpin 	3 	1.16 	1,274,776
EVGApes 	4 	0.64 	1,408,152
TSCh!mp 	5 	0.58 	428,943
T32monkeys 	6 	0.53 	365,986
ChimPowerUp 	7 	0.50 	109,587
MonkeyBollcks 	8 	0.41 	99,010
CustomBitC 	9 	0.20 	130,951

We're in *SIXTH* place -- << Go 32 Go! >>

Team names are adjusted for the sensitivities of the forum language handler, and the length of the name.

At the 4:30 update, we have slipped back to *Seventh* place!! C'Mon 32!

The official stats (quite wonderful imo), are at: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/2011//#

Last edited:
667a2b4773336af8df8045e6bbb3af7c.jpg

I'm all in!

The 5:30 update is in, and we've slipped back to *Eight* place. :cry:

Code:
 	Rank  	Chimp Points  	Total Folding Points
BeaversGB 	1 	2.59 	600,911
OCNChimpin 	2 	1.78 	1,966,036
max_monkey 	3 	1.74 	1,041,850
EVGApes 	4 	0.97 	2,127,226
ChimPowerUp 	5 	0.90 	196,057
TSCh!mp 	6 	0.87 	644,915
Monkey_Bollck 	7 	0.68 	164,019
T32monkeys 	8 	0.64 	438,215
CustomBitCh 	9 	0.34 	225,246

OCN has moved up past Maximum_monkey, into the second spot.

Can we catch them? Not like this, but the race is far from over. :burn:
:sn::sn::sn:

Great to hear it, Klear! That's the only thing that we need to do to make a good race - get everyone on board that wants to support the team here.

I'm in!
I'll be folding SMP on a 2600k at 4.2ghz, that oughta help a bit.

System does go down for benching and voltmod testing from time to time, but other then that it'll be 24/7.
I'll slap my [email protected] on SMP as well.

Thanks Bob! Every WU counts - you wouldn't think it would in a race that's 10 days long, but they get VERY close.

<< Go Monkeys Go! >>

Last edited:
starting to fold tonite just ducted the barracks' AC into my main air intake

eh WTH im not doing anything right now *double clicks the "start folding.bat"*

I saw you mention something about this, earlier. Good on ya, but don't get in trouble.

its all good its my ac, if i want it to get warm before it cools my room thats my choice, folding now with both GPU's soon to plug in the CPU, can someone link teh latest and greatest for win7 64-bit and some good params, the one i have set up now folds like a 1960's punch card machine

Stand by, I have a very similar rig to yours. Updates in a few:

This is the one, 6.41, you want the 64 bit version if it has one. Latest of the high performance clients.

Passkey to use is: 63db8ce5557ac843556921df5f3a5f95

(Otherwise we lose the bonus, which is considerable).

Extra parameters to add in advanced portion: -smp 8 -bigadv -verbosity 9

Team name is T32monkeys

Be sure everything is just right, or all your folding points go to folding heaven. :D

In the set up, you want big, not normal workunit size, and say no to advanced methods!

Last edited:
wow my best month i got 122,916 points with only 2 GPU's i cant wait to see what happens with a CPU sharing in that

At the 6:30 pm update: The Beavers_Gone_Banana's, have pulled out to a comfortable starting lead. OCN and Maximum_monkey are tied for second.

We are still in eight place. All the teams above us, have increased their lead.

So, this is what the cellar looks like -- yeah, I hate it! :eh?:

The GPU's are fine folders, but most people with i7's prefer to fold only with the cpu.

Why?

Because it's more efficient, keeps the room much cooler, and the GPU cuts into the folding speed of the i7, so it isn't much more points. The key is the bonus - lose some time, and you lose more points because you lost more bonus points.

But, what works well for one, may be crap for someone else. Try them both, and see how you like it. You're the only one who really counts. The race is just 10 days, but the race isn't a sprint, and folding is certainly a HUGE marathon project. You have to be comfortable with your set up, for the long haul.

I'd like to get a few hundred more, just like you, arcanise. :clap:

can you throw me a DL link and a param set up for the I7, i have plenty of cooling and free power so i want to throw as much hardware at this as possible

My mistake - I thought I had given you the d/l link.

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

I use the 6.34 console, but if you want to fold with GPU cards maybe, try the 6.41. Required for fermi cards.

note that these are the high performance clients, and not found on the regular download FAH page.

Use the settings I noted a couple posts up, for you set up. (post #10 in this thread).

I noticed we have about 4 million PPD just in our top 20 folders.

That's why we need to start WAY earlier to get ready for the CC. We do it every year, it seems.

I recall one year, we recruited a few members from another team (AOA), and felt great about that (you can image).

They took one look at our stats page and asked:

"Where's all your heavy hitters?"

Aw, well -- you see it's like this....:shrug: They don't want to race. And we've been around this bush several times, you can be absolutely sure.

Last year, this very issue tore up the [H]orde, so badly that they actually QUIT the race, and the administrator banned any further discussion of it, and closed the thread out on the CC. :shock: The fur was flying over there, fast and far.

Admittedly, some big folders are not close to their systems. Some have friends folding for them that don't know how to set up the client, etc.

But for the most part, they don't fold in the race, because they don't want to fold in the race. To be honest, I'm not good at persuading them, either. IMO, if you don't want to support the team in one event a year for a week or two, you shouldn't be on the team.

Now you know why I'm not the membership director for Team 32! :soda:

Back with the 7:30 update in a few.

This is the sad, 7:30 update:

Code:
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="3"] Rank  	Chimp Points  	Total Folding Points
Beavers_GB 	1 	3.99 	926,423
OCNChimpin 	2 	2.22 	2,444,485
max_monkey 	3 	2.05 	1,230,086
EVGApes    	4 	1.36 	2,973,327
ChimPowerUp 	5 	1.32 	287,427
TSCh!mp     	6 	1.24 	917,736
Monkey_Bollc 	7 	0.94 	226,431
T32monkeys 	8 	0.72 	496,251
CustomBitCps 	9 	0.49 	323,138[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OCN has gained 0.20 chimp points on the maximum_monkeys, since the last update. Knowing them, they will continue to get a solid lead, and if the Beavers ever let up, look to take over the #1 spot.

Everyone is continuing to pull away from us, except the Custom Bit Chimps. Last year, they didn't have time to recruit their members (mostly via their magazine, as I understand it), but they have a very strong team. (Stronger than ours, for instance). Don't seem able to get a race team organized, however.

Have we invited the SETI and Rosetta team guys to join us? Aside from Hank, I don't see anyone else except some bench teamers here (Snow and Bob Nova).

The 8:30 pm update:

Beavers are on a roll, and lengthening their lead over OCN. All other teams except CustomBitChimps, is continuing to pull away from us, slowly but surely.

At 7:30 pm, we had earned 0.72 chimp points. At 8:30 we have a grand total of 0.78 chimp points.

I believe we have several folders working with their own passkeys, so they are not earning bonus points yet for their a3 and a5 work units. (the SMP and big advanced wu's with the boat load of bonus points possible).

<< Go Monkeys Go! >>

Last edited:
Back