• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump Setup???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalMonkey

I would like to have you all opinion on this single loop setup. I was wondering if I should run the two pumps separately or have them run unison in a Bitspower DUAL D5 MOD TOP?

Res > Pump (D5) > 120.3 > CPU Block > 120.4 > Dual GPU Blocks (parallel) > Pump (D5)

Either will work well just about the same unless the dual top changes the flow profile (it probably does, I just can't put my mouse on info), so it all comes down to packaging. Even then, two of those pumps is more than enough flow for pretty much anything.

Which setup will fit into your case better? The dual top sure does look cool, but it's not cheap. I'd buy based on what works for tubing routes and mounting of the pumps.

Either will work well just about the same unless the dual top changes the flow profile (it probably does, I just can't put my mouse on info), so it all comes down to packaging. Even then, two of those pumps is more than enough flow for pretty much anything.

Which setup will fit into your case better? The dual top sure does look cool, but it's not cheap. I'd buy based on what works for tubing routes and mounting of the pumps.

Yea, I was thinking of the pricing of it also. Its a lot cheaper to modify the pumps with EK top instead of buying the dual top.

But I want to know from my original post, are the pumps in the right positions within the single loop?

Position within the loop is secondary to what works best for plumbing purposes. Don't get too hung up on "proper order". Particularly with the flow rates you'll be getting with two big pumps, there won't be a significant temperature difference inside the loop.

They should be res - pump - pump then the rest of the stuff. For the very best CPU temps if you need it, then rads then CPU then GPUs. Don't matter a lot 1 C or so

Back