• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help Me Overclock My E2180

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterofnocrack

Registered
Please help me overclock me intel pentium dual core e2180 processor.it has a locked multiplier and i dont know how to set FSB,im a noob.Please help.Hey by overclocking will my clock speed really go higher than 2.5 ghz and is it normal for my dual channel ram to have too speeds.like one stick 677 MHz and The other 800 MHz.Oh and I cant overclock from my motherboard.The only thing it shows is the Speed and its grayed out!

My SPECS:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
Mother Board:MSI - 7525
RAM: 1 X 2 GB DUAL CHANNEL @ 800 MHz
Hard Disc:250 GB

PS.This Is An OEM Desktop PC.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

UPDATE:It Worked,It Worked,It Worked

Using Set FSB and RTM876-665 as the PLL.I think I have successfully overclocked my CPU's FSB from 800 MHz to 922.5 MHz.Because whenever I start CPU-Z it says 922.5 MHz as the Rated FSB.And Set FSB says that my core Speed Is 2306.3 MHz.Is this true or just software error.I'll check in the BIOS if this is true.Im Just so Exited cuz from all I have read this has never been done!

God,Still Cant believe it worked

NEED ADVICE. My motherboard(msi 7525)stupports an FSB of 1333.Should i pump up the FSB using set FSB to max.Or is there a limit.

ok,when ever i enter bios the fsb gets resetted.so i dont know what this means.my FSB is now overclocked to 961 MHz.I havent had any crashed.So Now My CPU is happily running at 2.4 GHz instead of the stock 2.0 GHz.The my cpu speed is 2.4 GHz because.Ive checked in Set FSB,CPU-Z,CPU FSB and SPEED FAN and they all say either 2.4 GHz or 2404 MHz.Which is the same.Wish me good luck!!!!

PS.It PC crashed when I changed it to 260 BUS SPEED in Set FSB so thats why im using 240(or 961)MHz in Set FSB.

Its true...but it wont show in the bios since you are overclocking from windows.

In regards to how far you can go, its all about stability. You certainly cant max it out I wouldnt imagine as you have no voltage control so its only going to take you so far. I suggest reading the C2/DC2Q overclocking guide linked in my signature to help you out a bit. You need to test for stability of the overclock and make sure your temperatures are not out of control.

And find the EDIT button instead of triple posting. :p

hey why does it reset when i restart(please tell me a way to fix it)and the max i can take it without crashing all the time is 240.my current speed

like it said in your guide.my cpu is actually very cool at 2.4 GHz with speed fan.the tempratures are around 41 to 37.which is i think normally cool.is there anyway to control the voltage to go over 250MHz and can a bios update or modded driver help.my bios is phoenix award bios.

I just explained why :). You are overclocking in WINDOWS, not in the bios (what the PC loads when you restart). So when you reboot, the settings are gone.

Without voltage control that limit sounds about right. Also cheap OEM motherboards arent really made for overclocking either so thats another reason why you are walling out so fast. ;)

is there a bios update that will help.and is there to store the overclocked settings.please tell me.im not in a state to buy new mobos

A bios update will not make a OEM motheboard overclock in most cases.

You cannot store the settings in setFSB. SetFSB is really used, at least by the benchmarking team, for MAX overclocks. Its always reccomended to overclock from the bios if possible.

The only thing you can do is check the bios for voltage and overclocking options (which you can find in the guide in my signature). If they arent there, then you need to use SetFSB. SetFSB is not made for holding an overclock through a reboot.

That or buy another system...its your only option really.

You are looking at the wrong person to kill. oem's like that arent in the game of overclocking. Thats like buying a Ford Focus base model expecting it to perform like the SVT. Not gonna happen, buy the SVT.

Save up money and build your own rig. Come here for advice first!!! :)

but if you customize a ford focus like in nfs underground it is better than the svt cobra

SVT Focus. Cobra is a Mustang. ;)

LOL.. ok maybe the analagy wasnt the greatest so I wont sugar coat it and just tell you...

You bought an OEM PC, so you can only look at yourself for this. You start with crap, you end up with crap. Live and learn, you cant overclock MOST OEM PC's such as Dell and HP. If you want to get in to the game, save your ducketts, come here for advice on a new system, and go from there. :)

????

Huh? Im saying to come here for advice to build your new rig! Why would you not be coming back? Did I offend you somehow? :(

Back