• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brother getting new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madengineer

Ok....Well brothers going to get a new pc......Going to a custom build shop in the closest city to us... this is the best and cheapest build....Just wanting peoples opinions on it...

Type Manufacturer Model Description Stock Price
CPU AMD HDX840WFGMBOX 3.20 GHz, PHENOM II X4 Quad Core 840, 2MB L2 Cache, , Sockets AM3/AM2+/AM2*, 95W High stock level (Enfield Store)
High* (Enfield Store) $130.00 <U><B>3.20</B></U> GHz, PHENOM II X4 Quad Core 840, 2MB L2 Cache, , Sockets AM3/AM2+/AM2*, 95W

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G + AMD SB850, 4xDDR3, Integrated VGA, Hybrid Crossfire, 8 CH Audio, GbLAN, 5x SATA3, RAID, USB3,0, Micro ATX
$137.00 AMD 880G + AMD SB850, 4xDDR3, Integrated VGA, Hybrid Crossfire, 8 CH Audio, GbLAN, 5x SATA3, RAID, USB3,0, Micro ATX

RAM 1 Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 High stock level (Enfield Store)
High* (Enfield Store) $56.00 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9

Case CoolerMaster RC-330-KKRA 420W Case: Elite 330 + 420W PSU Black with HD Audio Preorder, usually with ETA (Enfield Store)
Preorder* (Enfield Store) $81.00 Case: Elite 330 + 420W PSU Black with HD Audio

Harddrive 1 Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5" 1TB BARRACUDA, 7200RPM, 32M SATA III 6GB/S High stock level (Enfield Store)
High* (Enfield Store) $68.00 3.5" 1TB BARRACUDA, 7200RPM, 32M SATA III 6GB/S

Optical Drive 1 Liteon IHAS324(BLACK) SPR ALLWRITE, DVD+-24X8X8/8X4, DVDRAM12X, CD48X32X48, SATA, RTL High stock level (Enfield Store)
High* (Enfield Store) $36.00 SPR ALLWRITE, DVD+-24X8X8/8X4, DVDRAM12X, CD48X32X48, SATA, RTL

And website....http://ijk.com.au/branch/canberra/p...08149&osCsid=91597c582ebec874fe34a8b7ddff5628

Thanks

Ps please suggest improvements you think it may need..Obviously a graphics card.

Computer will be used for Business admin work...Gaming....IE SC2 Civilisation etc

Last edited:
Wow. It's good that you posted so much information, but PLEASE press the enter key more often next time!! :)

For graphics, it looks like you aren't doing an excessive amount of gaming, so you may check out the new GTX560.

I would look into a solid state drive for your OS and most used programs. This would be a significant boost to the performance and speed of your boots, loading times etc. Just don't buy OCZ Vertex 2 (at least, I won't, very bad experience with them). The Corsair SSDs seem good.

I gave up trying to read that after the first line.
Put a layout like this
Case: cooler master whatnot
mobo: asus whatnot
etc

If you want to play starcraft 2 you will need a video card but that is a crossfire board along with the hybrid technology which isn't entirely stable all by itself. I wouldn't trust that psu along with that it doesn't allow for upgrading. Consider building it yourself so you can troubleshoot it and its just good information to have.

You're not playing Starcraft at any satisfactory settings on a propus core cpu. The power supply terrifies me. The price on several components is too high. Not insanely, but it's high. I don't like the seagate hard drive.

Why not just order parts and make a better one?

Those prices... Wow. I'm glad I'm not in Australia. $130 for the bottom end 4 core. You should be getting the 955BE which is twice as good for that money.

You're not playing Starcraft at any satisfactory settings on a propus core cpu. The power supply terrifies me. The price on several components is too high. Not insanely, but it's high. I don't like the seagate hard drive.

Why not just order parts and make a better one?

Those prices... Wow. I'm glad I'm not in Australia. $130 for the bottom end 4 core. You should be getting the 955BE which is twice as good for that money.

Is that Processor compatible with the motherboard? and what size PSU should we get?

Not trying to be rude but Read through the last 10 pages. There are a lot of threads with people asking do i need this etc. People won't like to just spoon feed you and I sure as heck don't want to waste my time when there are tons of articles depicting and telling you how to build a comp etc.

Back