• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[COOLING] GPU & CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shArktAil

Registered
Hi there,

Is it possible that the temps of my GTX 580 will have a slight drop when replacing the intel stock cooler with a v6GT (by example) ?

Well you should see improved temps on the CPU using the V6GT over the stock cooler.

However temps on the GPU will be slightly better because the heated air from the Cpu will be expelled out of the case.

In order to get better temps on the GPU, you will need to disassemble the video card and redo the TIM on it. Of course good wire management along with good airflow thru the case will improve temps as well ;)

Btw Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Well you should see improved temps on the CPU using the V6GT over the stock cooler.

However temps on the GPU will be slightly better because the heated air from the Cpu will be expelled out of the case.

In order to get better temps on the GPU, you will need to disassemble the video card and redo the TIM on it. Of course good wire management along with good airflow thru the case will improve temps as well ;)

Btw Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Thanks you :)
Well it was time to come here, because on a local forum my questions didn't got answered properly anymore. I do enjoy it here because there are so many members. Do you think the paste isn't applied well ? Just my temps are: 85°C @ 880/1750/2150 @ 1.063v (full load burntest). My vga is palit GTX 580. Do you think those temps are to high ? I don't really know. Anyway the temps of my CPU are way to high because of that ****ty intel stock cooler...

Back