• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probably need a new monitor soon, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

everything happens when the **** hits the fan it seems. lost my job last monday, pretty sure i got a ticket today trying to avoid an accident at a traffic cam intersection and my LCD monitor i think is gonna crap on me so i am going to replace it before it goes out on me in the middle of an application....cause that would suck.

i'm looking at roughly $140 shipped of course cheaper is better.
1080, LED but would mostikely be a regular backlight at that price, trying to stay 21.5" and up
any good deals any where?

is TN the baddest of pannels in that range still or is there something new?
also trying to stay away from touch sensitive controls, a regular button is better.

lately Staples has had good deals on pannels, i missed a 1080 21.5 inch monitor for $102 (was $99 online) so i dont know if thats still that much now or if its gone.

the old minitor had a red tint on everything, then one day it had a hard time comming out of standby but when it did everything is washed out, might be caps going bad but i dont want to risk it so i'll tear into it later. its old any way.

ok i found one of these
BX2231

for $139 locally, $10 less than online. should i jump on that?
2ms 1080p 21.5 inch LCD 2 hdmi 1 dvi 1 vga LED backlit

i'm kinda weary about samsung after having one of their cameras and their phones kinda well crap out on me, but after finding a new job i guess i could just get the monitor i want later on (32" 1080p HDTV basicly) and use this as a seccondary display or on another computer

Back