• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live benching i7 2600k 5500+ runs, On DICE (Finished)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3:45 AM EST right here... TJ just finished tonite's session...

I ain't gonna spoil it for him, but some crazy scores are upcoming...

:thup:

Thank you everyone that came, and for help here and there on my first solo dice run, got off to a rough start alot later than I liked, Pictures and results to come.

Alright the submissions are in, not quite as tasty as we thought at first but still a down right nasty start. Considering how rough the night start it was nice to have some solid finishes (when the pot was warming up even).

i gained about 67points in total. One bronze cup, and two metals (one for forth one for fifth).

Aquamark 398301_marks 5.4+7.2 = 12.6boints 5th place for 460gtx 256bit 1gb
wprime 1024m 2min 10sec 608ms 36.7+33=69.7boints 3rd Place for i7 2600k
wprime 32m 4sec 109ms 35.8 + 29.2 = 65boints 4th place for i7 2600k
pifast 12.61 37 + 23.1=60.1boints

Couple other runs for a small amount of points (vantage and 3d06) not really worth mentioning at this point, though i picked up some ranks. Hope to do some more runs tommarow after i reinsulate (made a mess lol), and hopefully still works pic to come of what i broke LOL.

Well done TJ!!

edit: agreed with GoD_tattoo, those pics are a bit too big, do you mind resizing them or uploading them to a file host and re-posting links so that they get resized by the forum software?

Last edited:
Wow, what a chip!! Excellent work; good chip or no, it takes a lot of skill to get those kind of benches out of it. Congrats on the productive night!

Man... I seriously thought that wprime32 was good for a gold cup... I must have been tired when I looked it up at the BOT last nite, but I could have sworn that the best time for the 2600K was 4.620... Oh well. 4th place ain't too shabby either; and you know you can get that last 0.060s with a bit of tweaking...
:thup:

wprime isn't that sensitive to memory speed/timings, but it does have an effect in my experience... Looking for .06s more, I would tweak memory subtimings, and run the benchmark as many times as possible.

Where do you stand on your 3D runs? With a chip like that, I would first focus on the less CPU intensive 3D benchmarks before spending too much time on the multicore CPU burners... You don't want to toast a golden chip before you can use it for all its worth in the other benchmarks.

Where do you stand on your 3D runs? With a chip like that, I would first focus on the less CPU intensive 3D benchmarks before spending too much time on the multicore CPU burners... You don't want to toast a golden chip before you can use it for all its worth in the other benchmarks.
Agreed. I'm thinking you might be able to take the chip a little higher if you drop the cores down to two, and disable HT. Might even get your AM3 higher also.

Back