• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM $15.95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now if only someone would get the 1450RPM flava back in stock

Aquatuning has a bunch of all types, including the 1450s. The shipping cost is a bit of a pain unless you buy $75 worth, then it becomes very reasonable, and the price per fan is quite low.
Even shipping from Germany where they are located only takes a couple days to boot.

Now if only someone would get the 1450RPM flava back in stock

After getting the 1850 variation, the noise level isn't high enough for me to ever justify the 1450. Personally, the 1850 with a fan controller is perfect. I have 2 on my noctua heatsink as fin density while not as high as a radiator, is still fairly high. The third is on the back of the case because I wanted a bit of a wind tunnel effect, plus the exhaust has to push through a bit of a vent at the back so I'm sure the pressure helps.

Anyway, the 1850 is rated at the same noise level as a yate loon silent. I suppose I need to test it and make sure they're similar, but if it's accurate, then you've got what is basically the best 'silent' fan out there. Sure, 28dba isn't 'silent', but at a couple of feet it's only just loud enough to let you know your pc is on. If you have a high end video card with a stock cooler the 1850 is your best bet because even at idle my 260's drown out any other fans in my system, and that's with the fans cranked down to reduce noise.

Back