• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will BD motherboards stay relatively inexpensive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chihlidog

Just kind of a thought. IF the leaked benchmarks are real, then AMD has put out a serious performer. They could price it right along with Sandy Bridge and it could still sell. I'm just wondering if anyone has a sense of the AM3+ socket boards, if they'll continue in the tradition of being less costly than their intel counterparts to give AMD the budget advantage.

I have to imagine that they will be more expensive than their old counterpart being new and all, but AMD will keep the pricing VERY competative with the Intel motherboards.

I don't think AMD is going to make the as or more expensive than intel mistake again. The FX cpus were twice as efficient at the same clockspeed as P4 and almost nobody had them because they cost too much.

Well, AMD's old customers are used to paying high prices now, whos to say they wont charge a bit of a premium? Then again, looking at the new fab they are building.. Wow.. I am actually feeling some excitement here :)

I don't think AMD is going to make the as or more expensive than intel mistake again. The FX cpus were twice as efficient at the same clockspeed as P4 and almost nobody had them because they cost too much.
Thats why they had the non FX chips that were just as fast, just no unlocked multi. ;)

Back