• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any decent GPU voltage tuners out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Afterburner won't allow changes even after turning on voltage control and EVGA E-LEET settings reset after hitting apply.

Yeah you can with Afterburner, you just have to jump through several hoops, and it's pretty much the only program that will do it. Make sure you have the latest Afterburner which is 2.2 beta 2. Now go to MSI Afterburners Config file and open it with notepad. No go through the list and enable voltage control with the letter 1 (enable, 0 is disable) and go to the MSI Afterburner Official Overclocking EULA which is in the cfg file and type this phrase in 'I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it', without the quotes.

There's always the Official Benching Team Method....

2.jpg

Galaxy's overclocking software has the feature out of the box. It should work with any card. If your card has the voltage control disabled, you might be able to enable it by flashing the bios. You will have to DL nvflash and nibitor, make a boot disk, run nvflash to save your curent bios, edit the bios in nibitor, run nvflash again to flash new bios. Its a bit of a process, but doable. I would recommend reading the guide to flashing a 460 here in this site, the procedure is almost exactly the same.

I bought the HD because I thought it was a better card. Guess I made the wrong decision.

Yeah, MSI Afterburner was released only for reference GTX 570's. The HD version really isn't the better one to have. Really the difference is the size, the cooler, PCB and that it comes with Display port. EVGA's software is the only one out there to be able to adjust voltages for your card.

Back