• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell system for a server? mobo problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logicalsam

Registered
okay I have a rather old dell from around 04 I'd say..the problem is it keeps killing hdd's atleast 10 dead hdd's now new and old...

I'll install an hdd into it new used doesnt matter went through many different type's manufactures ect..same problem occurs...

I'll get windows installed and usualy within 24 hours 1 time 48 hours the hdd starts making a knocking sound shortly after the system will reboot and there will be an i/o error report which is the hdd..it'll try to boot to windows fail and keep rebooting and retrying..

The noise is loud i would compare it to a lifter ticking in a combustion engine...i'd tryed a a couple power supplies..even using the psu out of it on this computer to write this..they all work as expected..the hdd's wont work tho on another computer afterwords tho as expected...

the problem here is i'd like to use said pos to run a phpbb server.possiably a chat server at some point not sure about that...I need to fix this problem...PLEASE HELP!

Back