• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 7900 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt892

Hi
This is my story:
9 months ago when I wanted to play NFS Pro Street the screen started to lagging and black boxes appeared on screen. Then I thought that this might be the game's problem. Now today I wanted to play NFS Shift 2. I tried with max and min setting still same, if the game start's screen is much darker than regulary. After playing 1 minute the screen is full of black boxes.
Max temperature of the video card is 62 C which is normal.
I can watch movies and videos fine, even play games with like CS and so on.
When I am connecting my TV with computer, TV screen is flickering.

I tried benchmarking software: http://freestone-group.com and I get my result 380 points, others with same card get 292-402.

Any ideas?
Are there any Video card testing software to figure out what's going on?

Thanks for you time !

The fact is that 7900GTX is a dinosaur and you need to upgrade. Make sure you have latest Direct X and Nvidia drivers. Game developers don't really focus much on supporting cards as old as this. Your card could be faulty because I looked on youtube and many other people were playing NFS Pro Street just fine. You need to list your specs in your signature.

The fact is that 7900GTX is a dinosaur and you need to upgrade. Make sure you have latest Direct X and Nvidia drivers. Game developers don't really focus much on supporting cards as old as this. Your card could be faulty because I looked on youtube and many other people were playing NFS Pro Street just fine. You need to list your specs in your signature.

The fact is I played fine with same computer before, even with max settings.

I remember it started after upgraded Nvidia drivers and when I cleaned the GPU card. I did it very carefully with compressed air and I didn't touch any elements there but anything is possible.

There is one thing i cannot understand. Why every video card testing software runs fine and gives good results

That Benchmark you did really is what we consider a benchmark. Try to run a benchmark called 3d Mark 06. Also download Furmark, it will test if your GPU is stable. Do you have another PCI Express slot you could put the card into? Download this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-270.61-whql-driver.html. Again I strongly suggest you upgrade your card. You can buy a $100 card that will kill your 7900GTX in performance.

Intstall Riva Tuner and set custom fan speed - that helped me, when i started getting black pixels in my card. I found that all it takes is for it not to overheat..

7900GTX, does have a great cooler, it should not be a problem. Tell me ho it went.

Back