• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sennheiser Rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nechen

Broke another cheap POS pair of headphones with a crappy mic. Decided to visit my local BB :cry::cry:

Anyway I came across these Sennheiser 203's and I just had to say AWESOME.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1305588480&sr=8-3

I was seriously skeptical about $50 headphones but holy crap are these nice. Deep bass/lows, crisp highs and overall excellent sound reproduction on my X-Fi soundcard.

Figured I'd post this incase anyone was having trouble deciding on a brand lol:clap::clap:

They're Sennheiser, you're surprised? :screwy:

They're the only people that can get away with charging $2000 for a wireless mic system, and it be worth it. :)

What are you comparing these to, "another cheap POS pair of headphones with a crappy mic?"

They're the only people that can get away with charging $2000 for a wireless mic system, and it be worth it. :)

Eh, I'm not so sure about that.

Edit: Nvm, I shouldn't be like that.

Glad you like yours. Enjoy them.

Last edited:
I had some crappy Plantronics. And I said "Rant" as sarcasm :)

ive had my 202's for quite a few years and they still sound great :)

Can you put Amps on Headphones? Although I thought my X-Fi card WAS an Amp....so wouldn't it be an amp through an amp to the headphones which would blow them?

I thought all sound cards have an amp? Not all would have a good amp, but they require an amp to vary the volume at least.

Yes, there are some headphones that have built in amps. I remember seeing one but I can't get you a link. Google does not search for what you are looking for. :/

No I mean I've seen little Amps that have a LINE-IN and LINE-OUT that act as a pre-amp before it actually gets to the headphones. Doesn't the PCI-e SoundCard do this already?

+1 majority of my companies sound equipment is Sennheiser, absolutely love every piece of equipment!

However I reviewed over 15 headphones set, and I didn't like the ones he picked up, I found the bass to be totally under toned and too sharp...but hey Im glad you like them there a great brand!

Broke another cheap POS pair of headphones with a crappy mic. Decided to visit my local BB :cry::cry:

Anyway I came across these Sennheiser 203's and I just had to say AWESOME.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1305588480&sr=8-3

I was seriously skeptical about $50 headphones but holy crap are these nice. Deep bass/lows, crisp highs and overall excellent sound reproduction on my X-Fi soundcard.

Figured I'd post this incase anyone was having trouble deciding on a brand lol:clap::clap:

If you think those sound good your mind would explode if you heard the HD800.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if they're affordable, they're garbage. Low end senns feel and sound like crap.

Can you put Amps on Headphones? Although I thought my X-Fi card WAS an Amp....so wouldn't it be an amp through an amp to the headphones which would blow them?

Yes, yes you can... I have one on mine, and it makes a Huge difference. Google "headphone amp" and you will get several results.

No I mean I've seen little Amps that have a LINE-IN and LINE-OUT that act as a pre-amp before it actually gets to the headphones. Doesn't the PCI-e SoundCard do this already?

I know some sound cards have an onboard amp, but onboard sound and maybe some cheaper cards either don't or have an underpowered one (I want to say onboard sound card amps run at 5v, someone correct me since I'm pretty sure I got that mixed up somehow.) But I got an amp for my HD555s and it really makes a difference. They went from "well, better than the stock headphones" to "wow, why didn't I get this sooner?"

Any suggestions on a headphone amp? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at for these. I know a lot of surround systems and received but for this I dunno.

Back