• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Secure Erase HD Cloning.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeeThruHead

I just reinstalled windows onto my vertex 2. Didn't do a secure erase or anything like that though. Didn't know I was supposed to. Anyway I'm planning on buying a Vertex 3 and tossing this vertex 2 into a mini-itx build anyway. I'm planning on cloning the os from the vertex2 onto the vertex3 though. I had planned on using EaseUS diskcopy to copy the vertex2 sector by sector onto the vertex3 but I'm now wondering if that hurt the performance of the vertex3 in some way. Thoughts?

Nope, you are good to copy directly, TRIM will take care of everything else. Just run some drive benchmarks once you are all done and you should see its good to go.

Its been a couple days, so if you've already done it, let us know how it turned out. :thup:

I haven't actually bought the drive yet. planning on it though. I've got a vertex 2 seems to suck on benchmarks, at least compared to it's advertised speeds, but it's good enough for now. Need to upgrade other parts first, like adding a 6990 :D

Back