• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using my 32" TV as a monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Hey all -

Looking to convert my 32" LCD into my computer gaming monitor, and I need to mount it on the wall. I plan on sitting 2-3 feet away from it :\ I've been looking at wall mounts on eBay, and see some say 0-10 degree tilt, and some are 0-15 degree tilt. Say I want to sit 2-3 feet away and game, but then move back say 10-12 feet and watch it from my bed. With that panel (being Alpha-IPS) would I need to tilt it at all to get a optimal viewing angle from both places, and if so would I need a 15 degree tilt? The TV itself has really great viewing angles and hardly any lag so I figured it would work great as a monitor.

The two mounts I'm looking at are:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QLDS22?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=at055-20 (0-10 degree tilt, only sticks out 1.81" from the wall)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QIMHXQ?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=at055-20 (0-15 degree tilt, but sticks out 4" from the wall)

Whether or not you need the full range of 15 degrees; Why not just get that and be done with it? That way you won't be kicking yourself when you find that you could've used that extra 5 degrees? That said, does 2 inches extra out of the wall bother you?

And like you said, IPS with great viewing angles anyway. Shouldn't be an issue!

Whether or not you need the full range of 15 degrees; Why not just get that and be done with it? That way you won't be kicking yourself when you find that you could've used that extra 5 degrees? That said, does 2 inches extra out of the wall bother you?

And like you said, IPS with great viewing angles anyway. Shouldn't be an issue!

Well when I'm sitting so close to start with, 2" might make a difference :shrug: I would sit farther back, but the way my room is mixed with the fact I don't want my desk away from the wall creates problems. I guess I'll see if I can find one with a 15 degree tilt that is more flush with the wall.

Yeah I get what you mean.. I've pushed my monitors back only a couple inches sometime just to get things comfortable.. Might I suggest getting a couple of friends over (ones that aren't weaklings and ones you trust) or something and get them to actually hold your TV in it's approx spot of mounting, and do some tilting whilst you're in your normal position, as well as on your bed.

Back