• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help..overclocking Q8200 on GA-P41-ES3G??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SGX543GPU

hi every one

could someone help me to overclock my Q8200 cpu to 3.2ghz > 3.5ghz and which program ineed for testing and pushing CPU....
What's the best bios setting for my cpu to get 3.2ghz or 3.5ghz...

this is my system:
cpu:q8200 2.33ghz
ram: 4gb ddr2 800mhz Selsal
power supply: ATX 600 (Prince)
graphic card: Gigabyte 9500GT 1GB DDR2 overclock version

ineed overclock it so much please help..please

thanks..thanks

Welcome! Take a look at the C2D/C2Q guide linked in my signature. that should get you started. Sadly we really cannot give exact settings for you as every chip is different. Sadly the G41 chipset you have isnt great for overclocking so you may not even reach that goal...

What cooler do you have on the CPU? Stock? Can you list your entire system details (ram speed/timings are important here).

Why do you think you need to overclock 'so much'? If its for playing games, you need a new video card.

A good starting point would be to raise CPU voltage .1, raise Vtt .1, and MCH .1 then push on the FSB until it doesnt boot. Back it down a few FSB, then test it with Prime 95. (see guide).

Last edited:
ok i don't want OC it to 3.2ghz...i only want to 2.6 or 2.7ghz..please help me please im gona crazy..please...i only want to play GTA IV please...

only for the love of God

I have already given you so information to start. I am unable to press the buttons for you... Did you read the guide yet? Did you try what I suggested as far as voltages and start overclocking?

Back