• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NH-D14 and the i7-2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sourtop

Registered
So I'm trying to overclock my CPU and I just wanted to know what temps people are getting for certain overclocks because I'm still wondering if I mounted my NH-D14 the best that I could have.

Right now I have it OC'd to 4GHz with temps of 43-47 C and it idles at about 20 C.

So I'm trying to overclock my CPU and I just wanted to know what temps people are getting for certain overclocks because I'm still wondering if I mounted my NH-D14 the best that I could have.

Right now I have it OC'd to 4GHz with temps of 43-47 C and it idles at about 20 C.

Sounds about right to tell you the truth. I've read that people are idling at 32-34 at 4.5, so i would say your safe.

Try for 5ghz. Sounds like your D-14 is doing a hell of a job there. My D-14 at 4ghz gets around the 75c area but that's because my CPU is 45nm.

I had to up the voltage to keep it stable. Running at 50-55 C on max load and 20-25 on idle.

~70 F ambient temp

@Stock
56 C max under load, 42 C idle.

@4.9GHZ 1.48v
80-85 C Max under load, same idle IIRC.

Running stock for now.

what is your voltage?

I had to up it to 1.295 V. It ran Prime 95 for an hour and half before crashing on 1.29 V, but everything is perfect at 1.295 V. 25 C idle and around 55 C full load. Ambient is about 20 C.

Last edited:
Back