• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I'm thinking about buying this game, but what's the online gameplay like? Is it similar to the Call of Duty series multiplayer?

Is it similar to the Call of Duty series multiplayer?

Not really. Your kill/death ratio doesn't really mean anything to your team's chance of success. Squad play is highly effective and highly encouraged. The class roles are super important and you can really tell when your team gets unbalanced (too many medics, too many snipers, etc)

That said it's SUPER FUN to know that you're contributing a huge amount to the team cause you just blew up 4 tanks or cause you just rezzed 20 people or snuck in and captured a point that your whole squad is about to respawn at and hold or whatever.

I just wish it had 64 player games like battlefield 2142. and where are the freakin titan ships

hurry up battlefield 3

GAH... 2142 was the worst of them. BIG fan of BF2.

But you are right, squad based and maybe a bit slower if you have a good squad so you arent just run and gun for stuff.

2142 is awesome >< i still play it sometimes haha

64 people all fightin over the missile silos until one of the titan shields go down and then people start shootin up there onto the titan ship in escape pods and theres dogfights happening with the aircraft around the titan and people shooting all the stationary guns while all the people run around inside trying to blow it up. god its fun

2142 was .. well crap. to me. i was a HUGE cod fan until MW2 came out, i went to BC2 and i love it, i still play it

as said, it is HUGE team play based, not just spray and pray, if you want any chance of winning, you HAVE to work together, period.

Yep, the only similarity between CoD and BC2 is that they are both war shooters. The single player campaign in BC2 was pretty fun as well for a 5-hour stint.

The multiplayer (unless you are doing squad deathmatch) is objective based and working together with your team is how you succeed. + you have vehicles!

IMO, BFBC2 doesn't stress teamplay not nearly as much as BF2 did. No in-game VOIP, no commander, no squad leader, regenerating health in normal mode, etc. It's overall more forgiving.

It's also one of the best PC games out right now to test the graphical capabilities of your system (especially with the destructible environments)...and if you have a nice sound system as well.

Now the cons. If you play in normal mode, expect a lot of "wtf?" moments. The hit detection is poor most of the time, requiring you to empty 15+ rds to kill a single person, as well as sniper shots hitting their target, showing blood splat, but no damage. Explosives also have the tendency to fail to kill infantry, despite being right at their feet or blowing up a wall someone is behind.

Yeah, the above is spot on.

I got the game around a month ago, with the Vietnam expansion. I hadn't gamed online since BF2, so it had been awhile.

Even at $20 I would call it well worth it, but I'm also hoping that BF3 has more of an emphasis on team work. You will get shot in the back a lot by people you never see. One guy sneaking around (usually a high rank) just shooting or knifing people, not fun for anyone.

And even after a month Im still massively impressed with the sound. It is certainly the most realistic of any shooter.

IMHO bad company 2 kicks the crap out of CoD, including the 60$ coaster I got called "black ops" . I do have to agree with some of the above faults. But I found CoD's multiplayer to be a fancy version of Quake-ish style brainless FPS. Which USED to be fun, like way back when. BF just feels more like realistic combat, and IMHO looks soooo much better.

Well, in CoD you can call a Harrier and no one can do nothing except hide and there's different stuff you can do that have relatively no weaknesses. In Battlefield, everything has a weakness.

Back