• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Physical Disk!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lutsk

Hey, i'm having some trouble between the Marvell and Intel SATA 6Gbps controllers. When booting up system with OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD connected to the Intel controller, I get a weird error with the black screen and white letters, just before Windows logo pops in, saying:

Physical Disk
No Phyiscal Disk!

Now, I don't get this when connecting it back into the Marvell controller..
I want to switch to the Intel one since it does a better job but I don't know how to fix this problem.. I ran AS SSD Benchmark and it works as expected.

Please help :0

Windows 7 Ultimate
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

I don't know how to check that as i'm new to all this but here what it says entirely in black screen when booting (still with Intel 6gbps controller):

Marvell 00SE91xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.0.0.1029
PCIe x1 5.0Gbps
Mode: CPU AHCI

Physical Disk
No Physical Disk!

I don't know how to check that as i'm new to all this but here what it says entirely in black screen when booting (still with Intel 6gbps controller):

Marvell 00SE91xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.0.0.1029
PCIe x1 5.0Gbps
Mode: CPU AHCI

Physical Disk
No Physical Disk!

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like it's letting you know it can't find anything attached to the Marvell controller. If you don't have the SSD attached to the Marvell controller, you should be able to disable that interface in the BIOS.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like it's letting you know it can't find anything attached to the Marvell controller. If you don't have the SSD attached to the Marvell controller, you should be able to disable that interface in the BIOS.

Wow, it worked this time. Thx!
I had already disabled that before but still had same issue. o_O Nice

By the way, is there a reason why my Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB isn't showing in My Computer > Hard Disk Drives ?

f0aiaq.png.jpg

First is my 240gb ocz vertex 3.
Where does that system reserved thing come from?

Wow, it worked this time. Thx!
I had already disabled that before but still had same issue. o_O Nice

By the way, is there a reason why my Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB isn't showing in My Computer > Hard Disk Drives ?

f0aiaq.png.jpg

First is my 240gb ocz vertex 3.
Where does that system reserved thing come from?

Glad that worked.

If your 1TB disk isn't listed and it's brand new, you need to format it before Windows can see it.

Open up Administrative Tools >> Computer Management.

From there, click on Disk Management under "Storage".

All your disks should be listed and you can format your new drive from there.

IF your drive isn't new and just decided to disappear, then that's a separate problem of course.

Yea if you don't disable the Marvell controller when no disk is on it you will get that stupid physical disk warning. Marvell sucks.

Back