• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cloned screen (LCD on laptop) Limited to 1024x768

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

Having a weird issue here, trying to get a clone of my laptops display on my lcd montor, both screens allow my recommended resolution of 1280x800 without the clone (only one showing) but the problem is I want both on but 1024x768 is too ugly looking.

its a vaio with ati x2300 on windows 7 if that helps.

Any help with this please? I would be greatful :cool:

That's.... odd. Newest drivers i'm assuming?
My 6910p has an X2300, and it'll clone at the full 1440x900 with no issues.

Have you tried forcing the resolutions? Right click on the desktop, and slick on screen resolution, and then go to advanced settings, and click on the little "List all modes" button. That should give you a list of everything the screens can support.

If I could find newer drivers for this, the ones from the amd/ati website didn't work last I tried.

The laptop is designed for vista 32, I have w7 64 on it right now, ran into many driver problems, windows update did the majority since w7 didnt bite on the vista drivers sony have. Maybe I've answered my own question here but it surely can't be this if you're on the same.

Which driver are you using may I ask?

Edit: forcing driver still limits me me 1024
unledeo.png

CompuTamer,

Which drivers do you have? I just checked and my CCC says I have 8.4
Did you install 9.3 (guessing you have these?) cat drivers using the mobility modder tool?

I'm using the latest from HP. I think it's 8.4 too.

When i clone my display to a larger one, it's limited to 1440x900. I can extend it and have a display all the way up to whatever VGA cables can handle, but cloned, i'm limited to the resolution of my laptop's panel. I have no clue why you can't even get to that level though. :shrug: I'm also running 7 x64

Back