• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500k CPU new member need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leect

HELLO ALLLL :comp:

Since the members on this forum are so awesome, I was hoping some of you can give me some info.

I'm oc'ing my 2500k on my asus p8p67 deluxe board. These are my settings in BIOS. I'm getting stable temps and running prime95 without any problems.

My question is this: Let's say I upped my cores to 48 or even 50, when windows 7 loads, it stays on the "Starting windows screen" and freezes.

WHy does it do that? Also if you guys have any forums for overclocking the 2500k that would be aaaawwwsome! :attn:

Thanks guys!

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 45
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: High
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.060 (This may be too low for some people, so either up this to 0.090 or add 0.030 to the Additional Turbo Voltage setting)
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

With the multiplier at 48x, the Vcore will probably need to be in the 1.400 to 1.425V range. Set CPU Voltage to Manual Mode, adjust the voltage to 1.415V or 1.425V, and set Load-Line Calibration to Ultra High.

haha intersting!. Ok I'll try that.

FYI, I previously did something real stupid and set my cpu voltage to 1.8 and fried my sandybridge cpu. haha

Just wanted to make sure that these are safe voltage settings. =X

Intel has never published the "absolute maximum" Vcore / Vcc for the 9xx variants, so we can only go by what's listed as the max. in the VID Voltage Range, which is 1.375V (~ 0.2V higher than the average VID of 1.12 - 1.15V).

AI Overclock Tuner = Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq = 100
Memory Frequency = 1600mhz
OC Tuner = Disabled
EPU Power Saving = Disabled
EPU Settings = Disabled
Dram Timing Control = SPD
Internal PLL OverVoltage = Enabled

CPU Power Management
CPU Ratio - Manual
Turbo Ratio = By All Cores
By all cores = 50
Turbo Mode = Enabled
Load Line Calibration = Ultra High
VRM Spread Spectrum = Disabled
VRM Frequency = Manual
VRM Fixed Freq Mode = 370
Phase Control = Extreme
Duty Control = T.Probe
CPU Current Capability = 120%
Dram Voltage =

CPU Voltage = Manual - 1.400v~1.450v
All other voltages = Auto

Advanced -> CPU Configuration Page
CPU Ratio = 50
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor = Enabled
Hyper-Threading = Enabled
Active Processor Cores = All
Limit CPUID Maximum = Disabled
Execute Disable Bit = Enabled
Speedstep = Disabled
Turbo = Enabled
C1E = Enabled
C3 = Disabled
C6 = Disabled

and read this it will help you http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

IMHO, 330-350 should be MORE than enough on the vrm-freq for a 2500k

as far as VCCIO, depending on what speed/timings of ram your running, you may not want to leave that on auto as well..

We do a lot more with COMPLETE system specs :D

and :welcome: to the forums.

edit:.. also, I would not use the highest setting of LLC, It may not be the same, but on the asus board i used the highest setting would actually give more voltage than i wanted.. however the 2nd highest setting with offset voltage, adjusted with either -/+ in the way I needed would give me minimal to near 0 vdroop on load. with the same setting on manual set voltage giving me just a slight vdroop under load, which you can compensate for if you got the manual route and plan on leaving speedstep and c states enabled.

Last edited:
Welcome! I ran into some problems building my rig so when I finally got it up and running I didnt feel like messing with it at all. I went into TurboV EVO(in ai suite 2), clicked fast in the automatic oc tuning and bam, 1 minute later 4.3ghz oc freaking awesome!

Im going to go in and manually do it when my new bracket comes in for my cpu cooler, but it was nice to oc without having to do anything haha

Yeah, the auto overclocking on asus boards seems fine, however, you can reach those speeds with less voltage, thus lowering max temps.
I run 4,5Ghz on 1.280vcore in bios. If I use auto it will pass 1.30 easily increasing max heat with a couple of degrees.

Back