• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 285...How do you overclock it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AP3Brain

I cannot overclock this video card at all using EVGA Precision... I heard you are suppose to do it in increments but I can't even get it to 668 core speed without an eventual crash. I KNOW it is not overheating as it will crash even when the temp is at like 70 and on stock settings it can go above 80 without crashing. Do I have to install an older driver to be able to overclock it or something?

To clarify I am going from 648/1475/1242 to 668/1521/1242. Maybe I should adjust the memory clock as well?

Specs:

i7 920 2.66
6 gigs of RAM
Geforce GTX 285
Corsair tx750w PSU
Windows 7

I'd adjust the memory. I have OC'd 285's well over 700mhz without problems using precision. You might want to check your pci settings in the bios. Try 101mhz, 105mhz, 110mhz. Upping the PCIE voltage up a couple ticks. Try uninstalling precision and reinstalling all card drivers then precision again from fresh download.

You should be able to oc the card better, could be your cpu/ram oc that is messing with it as well. Try all stock settings in bios and then oc the card with precision. Just to isolate the issue.

Chaiyz

Back