• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Broken AUX in jack (Mazda3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

Hello all!

I have an AUX in jack in the center console (armrest) of my Mazda3; however, the front portion of my 3.5 mm audio connector broke off and is logged in the AUX in.

How can I dislodge the broken piece from my AUX in jack?

- I have tried Googling for a solution, of which the best result was to attempt using gel super glue with a wire or bit which is the same diameter of the broken piece. This did not work as there was not enough contact area to allow for sufficient force to remove the broken piece.
- I mildly attempted to pry out the AUX in module, to no effect. I will see if I can dismantle the center console and reach this.

Mazda wants $108 just to look at it. Suggestions, please! :rain:

NOTE: The piece which is marked is that which is broken off in the jack

Attachments

• 35mmplug.jpg
    35mmplug.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 3,519
Last edited:
Wouldn't you just be able to cut it off, and solder a jack from headphones onto the line? or cut back the insulation of the current plug to reveal the connections then solder a new jack on?

Wouldn't you just be able to cut it off, and solder a jack from headphones onto the line? or cut back the insulation of the current plug to reveal the connections then solder a new jack on?

The cable is not my concern (it was $3.00). I need to remove the broken piece from my AUX in jack.

My bad, I miss understood you. I thought you meant the male end and not the female end. In all honesty though, I would probably go with the wire/superglue idea. Other wise you could take apart whatever it was broken off in.
Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you had tried the wire glue idea. If you had a thin tipped pair of tweezers maybe?

My bad, I miss understood you. I thought you meant the male end and not the female end. In all honesty though, I would probably go with the wire/superglue idea. Other wise you could take apart whatever it was broken off in.
Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you had tried the wire glue idea. If you had a thin tipped pair of tweezers maybe?

I will have to find specialty tweezers or tools (Maybe from McMasters), or even a metal shimmy. Thanks!

I have a pair of thin tweezers that I picked up from CVS. They use them to remove ticks, I don't know if they would have them where you are at but it's worth a shot if your out and about. The pair I bought are very thin but pretty strong

I was going to suggest a magnet too. It will try to attach to everything in the AUX, but the only thing that will move is the broken piece.

I opened up the console and pulled it all out. Once the assembly was removed, I used a thick enough wire to force the piece out of the jack.
:bday:

Attachments

• audiocomp.jpg
    audiocomp.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 3,548
Back