• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should I up the voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkennedy

I just got the new Koolance case and am running the 1800+ chip @ 1725MHZ 1.8V and a 138FSB. It is very stable and the CPU temo is 30C. Koolance puts a thermoprobe in the CPU block so this temp should be accurate. Will it hurt to up the voltage and try to raise the FSB?

I have the Soltek SL-75DRV4 and 512MB of Crucial DDR with an active thermal cooler on it. I want to get to about 1900MHZ as a goal.

Nathan

gfdfd

The thermal probe in the cpu that come with koolance is 6-10 degrees off. Your cpu is probbly running about 32-33 c not 30c..
I just got my koolance case today for my xp2000+ kr7a raid it is the pc-601 antec looking case. Its so phat i cant wait to set it up.
I also ordered the gpu videocard watercooler and some round cables. I am doing the volt mod so i can get to 2.2 volts and 3.1 ddr voltage . I should be up to 1900mhz stable by the time the setup is completed.

But i f i were you i would raise it to 1.85 and overclock it like 4 fsb and try for 1795mhz. thats pretty much the limit on the 1800xp unless you go super cooling. the xp1900 and 2000+ chips are more of a higher overclocker that can reach speeds to 1800-2000mhz. I will let you know what my results are by friday night

i ran a 1 gig AXIA at 1.6 w/ 2.15v for 4 months water cooled - temps were low and it was rock stable. then one day it said no mas and croaked. i would stick w/ 2v and below and if you do 1.9-2v make sure you have Grade A cooling.

Try upping the FSB some more and run Prime95 then monitor your voltages. If your 5V supply line doesnt go below 4.8V then your good or if Prime95 doesnt encounter any error. But in any case you fail to meet the specs above, then you should up your Vcore.....

Ok, at 1.8 Vcore I am at 4.91 for the 5V line. Now how do I get my Soltek board to go over 12.5X for the multiplier? If I goto 14X, the nxt step for me it says it is a 667MHZ processor?
Nathan

Back