• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low bugged run?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bennoculus

hey guys,

I traded for a new SB board, the P8P67 PRO. For some reason, it will NOT clock very well, but this isn't my question (it just won't push my 5.5GHz chip TO 5.5GHz).

I decided to start benching my 460GTX SE to see what I would get in 3DMark03. For some reason, it's bugging SUPER low. I mean, so low that my AMD system is on par with it...

Here's a screen:
buggedrun.png

Details are as follows:
GT1: 1249FPS
GT2: 528.4FPS
GT3: 447FPS
GT4: 431.7FPS
CPUT1: 410.8FPS
CPUT2: 122.3FPS

I ran it as the full test, didn't turn off the subtests. Even if I do I get the same score of 66467!

Any ideas?

If this belongs in the lounge, I am sorry for that...
CPU Speed: 5100MHz (51x100)
GPU Speed: 825/1650/2000

Some more details: I'm using Win7, not a stripped install. It is full. I've tried a restart as well.

Lol, well that sucks :). Run it at stock GPU clocks and see if it bugs

Don't forget a GPU-Z

Are you on 32bit or 64bit?

Will try in a moment. Is it possible I have a bottleneck?

Probably a dumb question, but it's possible I guess. I thought SB made the GPU flyyyy.... :(

EDIT: Nick, I just saw your edit. I am on 64 bit, it's my daily OS.

Will try in a moment. Is it possible I have a bottleneck?

Probably a dumb question, but it's possible I guess. I thought SB made the GPU flyyyy.... :(

It's no bottleneck... 03 is just a very fickle benchmark.

It's a possibility that it's a GPU driver/64 bit OS combo bug. ATi will bench nicely on 64 win7, nvidia on the other hand... meh.

Good thing I still have my 4850... I'll give it a try after this run with nVidia with Windows Classic enabled.

Otherwise, I can try stripped Vista x86..

Looks like I'm getting the same result in stripped Vistax86...

My frames per second were in the exact same ballpark. Low as 40 FPS in a CPU test for SB :confused:

Don't run the CPU tests, for starters :D

Only the game tests for all benches older than 3d06.

More information then. Driver's, card clocks, cpu clocks, etc... Screenshots work the best. Do any of the tests appear to stop or go blank?

More information then. Driver's, card clocks, cpu clocks, etc... Screenshots work the best. Do any of the tests appear to stop or go blank?

I'll put up a screen of my latest run in a moment but:

Driver 258, 825/1650/2000 on the card, 5100MHz on the CPU.

03 can bug low just as frequently as it can bug high.

Keep running and you should get a high score (unless card is throttling due to temps)

03 can bug low just as frequently as it can bug high.

Keep running and you should get a high score (unless card is throttling due to temps)

Thanks Kow.

Funny thing right now, is this run is with NO GPU OC! I'll run it multiple times and post up screens.

EDIT: Run number 1 got around 56K. Rerunning right now.

You're TL and N are low on your first Screenshot. Do you have a 192 or 256 bit 460?

If you're benching yes disable all the thermal throttling, EIST and C1E as well.
I'm guessing you're on ambient right now, what are your temps like on the card and the CPU?

If you're benching yes disable all the thermal throttling, EIST and C1E as well.
I'm guessing you're on ambient right now, what are your temps like on the card and the CPU?

Max temps for the CPU are around 60C :shrug:

I'll check on the max temps for the GPU.

Back