• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About Overclocked Homes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
About this sub-forum
Here is where "This Old House" and the computer advancements of the twenty-first century meet. Many people want, for various reasons, to integrate computers into their homes but some don't really know where to start. Here is the place to ask the questions and/or show off you mods so that others can get ideas. OCF members, help others get up to speed, with methods and techniques used to upgrade and overclock your home or get up to speed yourself by asking "How".

What fits in this sub-forum
PC related home upgrades that involve some type home modification; such as, internal wiring (network, video, audio), sheet-rock work, building entire rooms with integration in mind, receptacle installation (PC component), integrated work stations, home power control and usage monitoring, PC based home security and questions about how to Overclock your home (computer integration).

What does not belong here
Everything else. This forum is not a home improvement stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the idea of this forum, you have my support, we need more members with expertise though as us 2 alone cannot run this forum.

I think there are many people out there who will contribute to this. As prices keep rising and computers find more uses around the house this will grow and when those who don't know see this thread it may move them to join the ranks of home overclocking.

Last edited:
I think that this is a great idea. It is not something that I have seen anywhere else. I have done a few things for other people when I lived in FL. I owned a decent sized construction company down there before the fall of the market, and integrated a few things here and there. HTPC, Security, etc etc. Slowly but surely it will become more prevalent in homes. I think it run along with adding solar power and the like. At any rate, I have quite a bit of experience in building and construction and I would be more then willing to assist if it is needed.

apparently my project log was moved here. I thought it was deleted :D. This could turn out to be a very neat subforum.

apparently my project log was moved here. I thought it was deleted :D. This could turn out to be a very neat subforum.

Yup and that is real integration. I saw that, others, some of mine, a lot of HTPC stuff that encumpasses more than just the PC and many other things that involve the PC as an integral part of a home and a light lit up. Usually these things are in some obscure area that people may not think to look. This type of thing will be slow to catch on but it will grow exponentially.

I'm getting married this November (11/11/11 woo!), and want to purchase a house within 12 months after that. I'd love to do it sooner, but I'm (just about) forced to resign my lease on my apartment, because it comes up the week after the wedding, and I feel finishing last minute wedding stuff AND buying a house would be too much for one month. So I plan on spending spring\summer '12 getting that done.

Back on topic, once that occurs, I have plenty of ideas in my head of what I plan on doing, that would fit right in this forum. I cannot wait.

Ah sweet sub forum, every house of mine since 2004 has had major computer integration, I'm sure I can pull up some old pics, I put 3x 21" LCD's into my wall and ran a old laptop with a wireless card (back then wireless didn't come built into laptops), and ran aquarium screensaver, and used the wireless to store photos off my old media center (a modified Windows Media Center), this all progressed until last year when I used my media center with a modified MeediOS, and over 32tb of movies and music. Now... my appleTv 2 connected to my Drobo and server are my media center, but regardless I really like this idea and will definitely contribute to this!

Would you please explain this further: "What does not belong here
Everything else. This forum is not a home improvement stop"?
If computer integration into the home environment isn't "Home Improvement", then what's the point of this sub-Forum?
I am interested in building a small personal computer workshop in my backyard. For case modding or creation, DICE &/or LN cooling and OCing. Full electronic security for both in-home and workshop. A space in the shop where I can actually use a 7.1 computer stereo system and a projector tv.
Unfortunately all that is, undoubtedly, "Home Improvement." Even though it is entirely private and not for any profit.

Would you please explain this further: "What does not belong here
Everything else. This forum is not a home improvement stop"?
If computer integration into the home environment isn't "Home Improvement", then what's the point of this sub-Forum?
I am interested in building a small personal computer workshop in my backyard. For case modding or creation, DICE &/or LN cooling and OCing. Full electronic security for both in-home and workshop. A space in the shop where I can actually use a 7.1 computer stereo system and a projector tv.
Unfortunately all that is, undoubtedly, "Home Improvement." Even though it is entirely private and not for any profit.

In a nutshell: If it is a home improvement question that does not involve a PC it is suited for GD.

Painting walls and toilets dose not belong in this subforum either.

"I want to install new kitchen cabinets" should not be a thread in this subforum. What you have mentioned is not out of the realm of discussion and will involve things that are PC related that can be used by those interested in PC home integration.

Last edited:
Sorry for being a late-comer :chair: but what a relevant new sub-forum this will be! :thup:

I hope it is. Honestly this is one of the things I will do for money. Evidently more than people can afford though:rofl: And when people can afford me I will raise my prices again. This kind of thing, depending on the level, is a hella work. The benefits are awesome.

Back