• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair recalls its 120GB Force 3 SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And that's why there's a price premium for Intel drives....good speed and reliability...

speed demons choose sandforce but everyone knows it has quite a few more issues than marvell-based intel drives.

I came very close to buying this and only didn't because it dropped out of my cart at Newegg while I left my computer to answer a phone call. It was at an amazing price already + a promo code for $15.00 off. I'm hoping my new OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS doesn't have too many issues.

And that's why there's a price premium for Intel drives....good speed and reliability...

speed demons choose sandforce but everyone knows it has quite a few more issues than marvell-based intel drives.

maybe less issues due to the fact intel is using its own nand flash but need a faster controller. still i wouldnt buy a marvell based ssd from intel, its all intel from intel or no intel at all.

no one hears of any problems with the new samsung drives or the cruical ones..

Unfortunately I bought one just before the recall happened. I didn't hear anything and finally set it up the other day, just to find out about the recall. Sent an RMA request even though I am not having problems because knowing my luck, it will just be a matter of time.

On the plus side, it just means dropping back to my Force 2 SSD (I still have it in my main PC's case), so it's just a matter of doing a drive copy and switching out the RMA'd drive.

At least they are handling it properly. I remember when I worked in the legal field and worked on the infamous Deathstar-Desktar drive failure lawsuit. Complete opposite of how this is being handled.

Woke up to a dead computer this afternoon.

Before I went to sleep I backed up my email, which is the only thing I would have lost if the drive failed. :D

I just finished re-installing Win 7x64 and the programs I need to get by.

As soon as Corsair responds I can send my drive away to get replaced.

A decade ago a hard drive crashing would have been devastating, but now it's more of an inconvenience.

Got my RMA replacement back from Corsair on Thursday. They sent me an email last Friday saying that had received my RMA'd drive in the mail.

Yesterday my 2nd Force 3 Drive arrived. I set up the RAID this morning, though I've been busy with my transformer and so I've yet to put any demands on my new super speed raid.

Best part, is that I scored the second drive for, after rebate, about 70 less than I paid for the first one. That's a great way to make up for the inconvenience :D.

So I've gotten to put my RAID 0 through its paces a bit more and have been quite impressed by both the speed and the responsiveness of my system.

I compare it to making the jump from a single to a dual core CPU back in 2006. I'm one of the first people in the game on Bad Company 2 now, with levels loading in seconds. In fact, I don't think anything really takes any time to load anymore. Though I'm still looking forward to BD, a RAID 0 setup makes the wait much easier.

I'm looking at doing a few benchmarks on these Force 3's in the next week or so.

It was pointed out that my numbers were low. Doing some searching I tried one of the recommended fixes found in the Corsair forums.

I enabled RAID 5 support in my Gigabyte board's BIOS, rebooted and re-ran the ATTO benchmark.

ATTO-Force3SSD-RAID0-Fixed_RAID5_Enabled.png

I just got my Force GT 2 days ago and i have the same issues as the standard Force 3.....not a happy camper the last 3 big things from Corsair and all need rma.

P.S it was quick when it works.

Back