• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking at new ram for 880 chipset mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HarriGary

Registered
I have an MSI 880gma-e45 mobo and am looking at getting some new ram.
I was thinking about his model gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL.
Any suggestions? It's not listed on the msi website but my board documentation says 1600 ram is compatible. I just want to make sure it will work.

If the RAM is not listed on the motherboard manufacturers website then go onto the GSkill site and see if that particular RAM has been tested on your motherboard.

Why are you upgrading your RAM? 8GB is plenty and you're unlikely to notice much, if any difference in changing to faster RAM.

Its really not an upgrade so much as I'm using the ram I have now from another computer I have and I want to put it back together to use as an HTPC. I was looking at the reviews on Newegg and the forums on GSkill's site and found lots of good reviews for this ram in similar AMD systems. There was also a good write up on the GSkill forums @ http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688 showing how to use on AMD systems. I also got a 970 BE cpu for the same purpose to replace my current cpu that I liberated from my old HP so I could put the HP back together and set up next to the entertainment center for a home theater PC.

Back