• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M5A88-V EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GwFreak01

Registered
Hey I'm new here and I wanted to know if the
ASUS M5A88-V EVO
was a good motherboard.

I bought AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition along with it,
but I wasn't sure if I had made a good choice.

Any tips or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

Welcome aboard.

I never understand the asking about a board after having already bought the thing.

1. It is fairly new in the market.

2. No real; what I call, reviews shown in g00gle for the board.

3. It has onboard video and most overclockers generally do not buy such for themselves. Things change in the market though so some of course may buy such as time goes on. I maybe just thinking old school.

4. Plug it all up and give it a whirl. See what your board has in store for you. Might surprise you.

Last edited:
I'll bite, even though I am 10 days late for the party.

I just got this board a few days ago and my expectations weren't met at the level I wanted. Might be due to troubles getting the system going, but we'll see if the feeling sticks with time.

The board is very beautiful, very nicely built, very much like my M2N-SLI board I previously had. There is no flaw with the build quality and layout. I couldn't be happier with it.

The BIOS on the other hand, my feeling on it might be a fight from change since the M2N BIOS was amazing and easy to move around in and OC.

The BIOS on this one seems... beta-ish, there is a feeling of a lot of improvements need to be made in the bios, which may come in an up-date.

I just feel they need to organize the layout better, they have DRAM options in a whole another sub menu than the DRAM options, didn't make since to me.

The packaging could of provided more accessories since it doesn't have that low of a price tag(129$ from newegg). Came with a I/O shield(Which was a pain to get the board on with it in), 2 SATA cords(6.0gbp/s I think), the manual and CD.

Other than that, if your looking to get a new board, I would highly suggest this board. Don't let my opinion on the BIOS scare you away, it could very well be me not use to change after using one board for 3 years and being picky.

Hope this helps give a little insight on it.

-Doc

Back