• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SS overload on 15A circuit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
I started up my SS this morning and it kept tripping the 15A breaker, never had an issue with it before, anyone has an idea what to check for?
When I flip the switch the lights dim and it makes a humming sound for a few seconds then the power trips.
Thanks

My first thought is that the compressor is stuck and not turning, but I have no idea how to check that.
You could punch it a couple times and see if that changes anything I suppose.

Fixed...found a loose wire (pos+) to the compressor, I really need to rewire this thing, it is getting old

Last edited:
Gotta show things who's boss sometimes :D

QFT. :rock:

...and now, random computer fighting smileys!

:fight:
3_8_14.gif
ba230.gif
16.gif
post-9930-1188179524.gif

Did I mention it's Friday?

Glad your SS is ok Brolloks. :salute:

I keep a hammer by my setup now just for slapping around and the fear of god. Though it is a rubber hammer (No not the lil kid kind).

If nothing works, solder in a peanut tube triode. Solder it in anywhere, doesn't matter.

Then the device will be totally confused and you will have the upper hand.

If that doesn't work, I usually read the manual so the device knows I'm smarter than it.

If that doen't work, a gravity check of 3-5 feet onto soft concrete as I head out the door to the bar works wonders.

If nothing works, solder in a peanut tube triode. Solder it in anywhere, doesn't matter.

If that doesn't work, I usually read the manual so the device knows I'm smarter than it.

If that doen't work, a gravity check of 3-5 feet onto soft concrete as I head out the door to the bar works wonders.

:thup:Good advice:rofl:

:rofl: If you follow that check list, all hardware will obey.

Back