• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO VIDEO ASUS M4A785-M HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawks

Registered
I am building a new Gaming rig. I am using the ASUS M4A785-M. processor
is AMD Socket AM2+ 9850/2.50GHz (Phenom X4). 8GB of memory, APEVIA 750W Warlock Power,With switchable LED color. and the case is by CYBORGX W
RED LED FANS (120mm).and I am using Thermaltake TR2-R1 Ultra Silence cpu fan
I hooked up everything and plug the VGA into the monitor and tower.
Turn the computer on, beeps once the green LED indicator light on the motherboard is on, the fans are running, and and the cpu fan is running. DVDRW working. but i get no video to the monitor to update the BOIS.
I shut it down and went out to buy another power supply. and it did it again.
I'm woundering if it is the motherBoard. Maybe it could be a DOA?
Any idea? can anyone help me. I have been building pc for about three years know, and this is my first problem.This equalls about 30 Pc.:facepalm::bang head thanks for any help anyone can help me out with.

Sounds like it has onboard video and it ignored the video card you installed.

I would try again with it plugged in the onboard video port.

I have boughten three PNY memory cards. the first cards is a 4gb and then the other two cards is 2gb on each card.
I have checked with QVL and spoken with ASUS tech. they said it will be ok to do this.
I am wandering if I should just try to put the 4 gbs in A1. or should i try the 2gb in A1 and A2. and hold off on the 4gb until I can get into the bois? Or did ASUS mad a mistake.
or should I just leave the A1 and A2 alone and try them in B1 and B2.
thanks for any help with this.

if I use the 4gb and a 2gb to make it 6 gb will this still work. instead of the 8gb toghter?
this is the first time i have had any problems and again i do appericate any help.

Do you have a mini-speaker (the one that only makes a beep) plugged into the motherboard or the mobo? Assuming you do, does it beep after you turned it on indicating that the board is done POST'ing? Sounds to me like it doesn't POST. You should try booting up with just 1 memory stick and using the onboard video with your 6690 removed. That way you'll know if the board is good or not.

I appericate all of the help. I have tryed all of this and it is greet to see the replys coming in. And after i unplug everything and reset the the RTC RAM jumper. waited for 30 seconds and put the RTC back and plug everything again. That No good Apeveda power supply buzz and then pop. I wil never buy that brand a again.It took me and hour on the phone with the company debating with them, and from on person to and other person. they finally accept the return. this motherboard the ASUS M4A785-M has and Anti- Surger Protection. thank goodness. otherwise it'll probablity would have taken the mb with it when it blew.

I appericate all of the help. I have tryed all of this and it is greet to see the replys coming in. And after i unplug everything and reset the the RTC RAM jumper. waited for 30 seconds and put the RTC back and plug everything again. That No good Apeveda power supply buzz and then pop. I wil never buy that brand a again.It took me and hour on the phone with the company debating with them, and from on person to and other person. they finally accept the return. this motherboard the ASUS M4A785-M has and Anti- Surger Protection. thank goodness. otherwise it'll probablity would have taken the mb with it when it blew.

Apeveda? Never heard of the brand, it's a very common mistake (made it myself actually) to skimp out on the power supply and having it go bad on you. Hopefully it didn't take out anything with it. When I had my crappy PSU go out it killed everything. I'd recommend buying from a trusted brand and model, you can find a list of good power supplies for every budget and need in the power supply section of the forums.

Yes I have the atx 12v plug in AKA (4 pin). and I went out and bought a crosiar 750 module power supply and now i know that it is the motherboard. I have connected the ASUS tech and we strip the computer down to the bones, and rebuildt the compueter and still no power to the monitor. and Yes the amd+ is com with my motherboard. and the memory is the right DDR2,. 2 of the same motherboard gone in one month.
Did ASUS lost their touch? Or maybe this M4A785-M was their lemon yr.
But lets see what hapens next week when i recieve the third board, and thermaltake 750 w power supply. and for know i'll keep the new power supply crosiar 750 module
Until next week it is then.

FInally Found the Problem to this. and It came down to the wrong cpu. no not my fault.
in fack it was and oem.spent tearring the pc down to nothing. and rebuild.but this time
I figure out to look at the cpu that i was order and the company i order from packed the wrong cpu. so I spent 2 hours on the phone with ASUS and the computer parts, and then AMD. and finally AMD have asked what is the sn number. and when i read it to them and they said phenom II. i said no sir it is suppose to be and Socket AM2+ 9850/2.50GHz (Phenom X4). 64. and then AMD then AMD asked where i bought it i told them. and he put me on hold. and a few minutes later he comes back to the phone and he appolizse, and please call the compnay up and with your case number and they will help you out.
So for know on I will double check to make sure i have the right parts. and if not sure i will be calling these people again. so I have to wait andother 2 weeks for the new MB power supply and my Socket AM2+ 9850/2.50GHz (Phenom X4).
thanks again for all of your help.
I just can't believe this all because they sent me the product.

FInally Found the Problem to this. and It came down to the wrong cpu. no not my fault.
in fack it was and oem.spent tearring the pc down to nothing. and rebuild.but this time
I figure out to look at the cpu that i was order and the company i order from packed the wrong cpu. so I spent 2 hours on the phone with ASUS and the computer parts, and then AMD. and finally AMD have asked what is the sn number. and when i read it to them and they said phenom II. i said no sir it is suppose to be and Socket AM2+ 9850/2.50GHz (Phenom X4). 64. and then AMD then AMD asked where i bought it i told them. and he put me on hold. and a few minutes later he comes back to the phone and he appolizse, and please call the compnay up and with your case number and they will help you out.
So for know on I will double check to make sure i have the right parts. and if not sure i will be calling these people again. so I have to wait andother 2 weeks for the new MB power supply and my Socket AM2+ 9850/2.50GHz (Phenom X4).
thanks again for all of your help.
I just can't believe this all because they sent me the product.

Which CPU did you get? If I were you I'd hold on to the PhenomII (assuming its a quad), ditch the board (ask for a refund?) and buy an AM3 board that'll probably end up costing you less. If you don't mind me asking where did you buy it from?

Apeveda? Never heard of the brand, it's a very common mistake (made it myself actually) to skimp out on the power supply and having it go bad on you. Hopefully it didn't take out anything with it. When I had my crappy PSU go out it killed everything. I'd recommend buying from a trusted brand and model, you can find a list of good power supplies for every budget and need in the power supply section of the forums.

Maybe Apevia?

Back