• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth x58 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Palmolive

Hey,

I have an Intel i7 970 processor and I am looking for a motherboard for it. The one I was looking at was the Asus Sabertooth x58. I am looking to spend ~200, 250 max for it. Is this the most bang for my buck motherboard that I am going to be able to get? Or are there others that I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Don't buy a new X58 motherboard. I just bought an EVGA X58 FTW3 ($270 on Newegg) for $110 shipped. Really good motherboards are going for really cheap used with the release of Sandy Bridge.

Don't buy a new X58 motherboard. I just bought an EVGA X58 FTW3 ($270 on Newegg) for $110 shipped. Really good motherboards are going for really cheap used with the release of Sandy Bridge.

damn thats a good deal, whats the i7 970 fall under since its 32nm??

You dont worry about getting a used motherboard?

Also where do you go to check for these? newegg?

Back