• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st try at water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsuperbgx

Benching Team Leader
Thanks to a free waterblock, I have decided to give water a try. I have all of my parts now and will start assembly this weekend (unless I decide to bench instead.) I have read many hours and I am inspired by many of the rigs/works of art pictured here in the forums. I went cheaper on many parts than many of you, but I had a budget. I will just have to upgrade at a later time. Thanks to dimastech and Kal-EL over at OCA for the contest. Here is my supplies!

IMAG0311.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this dimastech nethuns waterblock?

http://www.dimastech.it/EN/c/dimastech-nethuns-waterblocknew!!!/

no experience with the block but it looks like it should be a decent setup. I love this quote from there site.
now looking to satisfy those clients addicted to use of less extreme systems such as Liquid Cooling.

Liquid cooling extreme? I could have sworn that concept went out with the millenium bug.

Nice pic but without a description of the actual parts we cant really tell you to much but it looks like your bases are covered.

I will only be cooling my I7 920 for now. I figure the 120.2 and the 120.3 will be more than enough for that cpu to run rosetta 24/7 as long as the waterblock is sufficient.

haven't heard of dimastech..however, going water cooled is the way to go for overclocking and lowering the dB created by large CPU fans. I was reluctant at first but once you go water you'll never go back.
Plan carefully.
Put together slowly.
Test.

Good luck

Back