• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P55M-GD45 to Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codyksp

Registered
I am upgrading my motherboard from the MSI P55M-GD45 to the Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe because I want to be able to SLI my GPU and I figured this was the best one for my socket as it also has USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gb/s.

I basically have 2 questions, but one might not belong in this forum.

1. Will I be able to upgrade without reinstalling Windows 7? If not, does a Windows Repair work to fix the drivers like it used to with Windows XP? Or is there another way?

2. Does anybody know any overclock settings for the i7-860 with this motherboard, I currently have it overclocked from 2,80 to 3,80 GHz but the MSI board BIOS is a bit different, and has a very weird way of setting Core voltage, it shows +0.272 atm instead of the actual voltage so I do not know what I currently have it set to. If I am to believe CPU-Z the Core is 1.4v right now along with 1.303 VTT, 1.651 DRAM and 21x180 multipliers. This has been running stable for months now but I want try and push it to 4.0 GHz if possible.

Like was answered in your other strikingly similar thread, you SHOULD reinstall, but you MAY be ok.

As far as overclock settings, look at CPUz for your voltage. All you are reading is .272 over your stock voltage.

Back