• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to move on to life without Directv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silent bob

Team 32 Folding Ghetto Hanging PC Senior
OK I am done paying for Directv . so now I am looking for a kitchen htpc, its the most watched tv in the house.
Here goes the build specs

ASUS P8H61-I (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Intel Pentium G620 Sandy Bridge

IN WIN BP655.200BL Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 200W Power Supply

LITE-ON Black 4X BD-ROM

Western Digital Black 1TB

DDR3 Mushkin 4gb

so whats the verdict ? good/bad/other

its got Realtek audio and lan , so I should be ok there , would prefer 3com Lan but...

I am a little concerned about the psu , but a review on newegg user had the same case/proc and no issues

can't see any problems here.
I run a much older intel cpu with an GTS 450 GPU, 500GB HD & a Blueray player off 250Watt. gives me problems one out of ten times I boot. can't see your rig being a problem with power. I mean really how much extra is a 300Watt PSU gonna cost.

Will the Pentium G620 be capable of playing back HD or BluRay content? You didn't say anything about using this box for BluRays but I am about to build one very similar and I need it to be capable of HD Blurays.

Will the Pentium G620 be capable of playing back HD or BluRay content? You didn't say anything about using this box for BluRays but I am about to build one very similar and I need it to be capable of HD Blurays.

More than capable. It has the Intel HD Graphics 2000 which is pretty good for HTPC stuff.

My Pentium 4 htpc (some cheap dell) can barely not play Bluray files. This should do it without issue.

Back