• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS??? Unlocking Intel processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started laughing out loud beginning with the "heating element" part. Too funny. Gimme a hammer and chisel, it's time to modify my CPU! The only sad thing is, that somebody will not read the last page and will actually try this.

that was a funny post, i realy liked the ALT+Gr+F5 thing..

hahahah

hope people read the last page there are some gullable people out there:p

M00CH said:
that was a funny post, i realy liked the ALT+Gr+F5 thing..

hahahah

hope people read the last page there are some gullable people out there:p

An important issue when it comes to overclocking is production of heat, or rather getting rid of the heat. This may come as a surprise to many of you out there, but Intel have actually put a heating element inside their processors. I believe this applies to AMD as well, and I suspect that the heating element was placed in the processors core due to an alliance between the microprocessor manufacturers and cooling equipment suppliers. The result is that the consumer have to spend huge ammounts of money buying cooling equipment you don't really need. By having a look at the bare core, you can read that it actually have instructions to disable this heating element. All you have to do is to press AltGr+F5 and you're done.

___________is there really a "heating" element? I doubt it though :)

Funny stuff! The article had me going for a minute there, then I saw the "tools required" with a hammer. There's just something wrong about working on a computer with a hammer. Even when I'm at my wits-end, I keep the hammer away from the system!!

Hey guys it WORKS!!! I did it to my sisters p3 550!!! and it worked!!!

Ok j/k nice find.

My PMOS seems to be out of date. When I change the defusitron tolerance value to anything less than 3 microgilliamps, I get the pink screen of death (PSOD) at the next cold-boot. I never had this problem before using the petrol burn in method described in the above article. I think I wasted 2 perfectly good chiskens in the pr-OC ritual.:D

Man, what a funny article. I especially liked the burn in process. "Make sure to wipe the dirt and debris away when done, and only burn for exactly 67 seconds". Lol, that was good. Boy, I hope that anyone that reads that will make sure to read till the end though. I can just see a newbie coming to the sight and reading this post first. He wont get past the hammer and screwdriver stage lol. :beer:

I know that it was all a good joke, but is anything of what they were talking about true, or correct?? Like is the multiplyer realy set by fuses?? ( I doubt this very much, but I'm just wondering... )

Oh, I've just finnished reading the last couple of pages... Its clear that none of its true/correct, except for the links that was provided.
Dam!! Thought that they might of been on to something there...

Back