• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i get 2 audio outputs at the same time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keaze

Registered
Hi my girlfriend always wants to watch bad shows and i always want to play games.

Is there a way i can get a movie and sound to my tv through spdif hdmi, while playing a game with sound on my computer through the audio jack? Maybe a program can help me do this? I can put the movie and the game no problem but the audios mix in together. I want to get the movies audio on the tv and the game's audio through the audio jack. I would greatly appreciate if someone knew a way!!!

Thanks!

with a separate audio card maybe.. but thats only if the movie were playing via the dvd player and not software.. though even software might allow you to choose what audio connection it comes out of.. tough one though.. never tried tbh

Enable 2 audio devices. Odds are you have two. (Example, you have the mobo onboard sound and also your videocard, if it is recent, has audio out via HDMI).

Make sure the two devices you want to use are enabled in control panel>audio.

Next, just set the outputs for the programs you're using. Most games let you select output. Instead of 'default', select on output for the game. Then select a different output for the video player in its options menu. Many free players (ie, VLC) give you that option.

SHOULD work.

Make sure the two devices you want to use are enabled in control panel>audio.

Next, just set the outputs for the programs you're using. Most games let you select output. Instead of 'default', select on output for the game. Then select a different output for the video player in its options menu. Many free players (ie, VLC) give you that option.

SHOULD work.
I've done this and it works fine. If anything makes it difficult, it will be the program that doesn't have the option to select the audio output device.

If you can get a video player that supports ASIO or KS you could be sure there would be no mixing. Foobar messed around with video for a while. It was buggy... I'm sure someone else has got it right by now.

Back