• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team points in Rev 4 may be incorrect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voidn

Team points in Rev 4 may be incorrect. I'll try and summarize.

Say you have two 1x gpu submissions with different cards. Only the best score gets globals. Now what if the lessor score is the best on the team. Since only your best submission received global points, you don't generate the global team power points for the lessor submission.

In the thread they show how bumping a team member might result in less total
points.

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27487

:forecast:

LOL ^^^

But that seems very counterproductive. I agree with what has been said in the HWbot thread. It doesn't encourage team members to submit, nor does it encourage new team members because the new ones may submit something that actually hurts the team.

:forecast:

LOL ^^^

But that seems very counterproductive. I agree with what has been said in the HWbot thread. It doesn't encourage team members to submit, nor does it encourage new team members because the new ones may submit something that actually hurts the team.

Its a mistake. They are working on it. I just posted because it could cause another team rank shake up.

Meh, I personally think this revision has broken it. At least for me. I can't compete with buying super expensive hardware necessary to get alot of globals or the best on the team. I can contribute hardware points, but usually thats about it. This revision in my book, ruined competitive benching for me anyway.

Unfortunately...+1

This was many people's major issue with this revision from the get go, including myself. The guys with LN2 and top-of-the-line hardware are who contributes to the team, and anyone else will be discouraged. Instead of broadening the "sport" and drawing in new benchers, it narrows the "sport" causes a lot current benchers to stop or seriously consider it...

Sadly hurting Hardware Sharing hurts team participation too.

Everything you submit still counts towards the team, just for 1/10 if wasn't the best team submission.

BUT you can still contribute a lot without spending big bucks by benching gear other people dont have. For example, if we all have 2600k's get a 2500k. It easier to be best on the team and its cheaper. Older hardware in the classies is still a great option too.

I may be a noob here, but let me say one thing. I have been pushing the heck out of a couple systems that I have. Burned up some RAM and maybe hurt a few CPUs. Out of all that I have .5 HW points. Talk about discouraged. I feel my ONLY recourse is to buy a pot and run DICE just to get enough points to get on the team. I understand that's what it's all about, pushing to the extreme. But some of us may just want to get a taste, then get addicted :)

I may be a noob here, but let me say one thing. I have been pushing the heck out of a couple systems that I have. Burned up some RAM and maybe hurt a few CPUs. Out of all that I have .5 HW points. Talk about discouraged. I feel my ONLY recourse is to buy a pot and run DICE just to get enough points to get on the team. I understand that's what it's all about, pushing to the extreme. But some of us may just want to get a taste, then get addicted :)

You really don't need to take the plunge to sub-zero just to make the team, but it will make it that much easier to get the points for sure.

I suggest you get yourself some S775 stuff instead. You can get a C2D E6300, a used P45 board and some DDR2 ram for less than the cost of the cheapest LN2/DICE Pot on the market; and with that CPU/MoBo/RAM combo you'll be able to get the required 20 points... even on Air.

Exactly... knowing which parts are high in boints is what you need to focus on to get there.

Rev4 = bleh.

Sadly hurting Hardware Sharing hurts team participation too.

Everything you submit still counts towards the team, just for 1/10 if wasn't the best team submission.

Best team submission usually requires LN2, which some people don't have access to. So that means I need to have 10 times the hardware to make up for that 1/10. It doesn't have to be high-end stuff, but 10 times the hardware costs a ton whether it's high-end or not. Plus, it takes 10 times the number sessions to make up the points... To me, it's not worth the time to do 10 sessions on 10 different CPUs to get 10-20 points.

BUT you can still contribute a lot without spending big bucks by benching gear other people dont have. For example, if we all have 2600k's get a 2500k. It easier to be best on the team and its cheaper. Older hardware in the classies is still a great option too.

You still need the most recent platform which can still be a hit on your wallet whenever a new platform is released. If you use less popular hardware since no one on the team uses it much, then you could get the #2 spot and it would be worth 0.18 points... I don't see how old stuff in the classies is still a good option either b/c it's more likely that it has been benched with LN2 already by someone on the team, which means your points will probably be at 1/10...

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, I don't know :shrug: I'm also kinda mad that I spent a 8 hour drive and $1700+ on a cascade that is seemingly worthless now...

Before rev4, you could just get a popular LGA775 CPU, run the 2D benches, and have well over 20 points. Now the easiest way to get 20 points is to have a 2600K/2500K and get 20 globals.

From your sig it looks like you could rack up some points with those GPUs. Vantage and 06 will need which ever chip has the most cores (1090t). For the other 3d benches use your 530 if it clocks higher. Haeven isn't cpu dependent and that 6870 should be worth globals.

Some other tips, looks like you are submitting with old hardware. Search the hardware on HWBOT. If only like 10 people made submissions then you wont score well even if 1st. But if there are 100 submissions you can get 30th place and still get some points.

Your last spi score is incorrect and needs to be fixed (thanks).

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, I don't know :shrug: I'm also kinda mad that I spent a 8 hour drive and $1700+ on a cascade that is seemingly worthless now...

Actually very few of our team submissions are ln2. Most of the top scores are dice. And your cascade is a great option in that regard. I've seen you do cool stuff with vga's (like the air cooler). If you vmod an old vid card and strap the cascade on it, you have a great shot at the top spot.

Back