• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe temperature for E2160

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SHODAN

What is a safe maximum core temperature, under load, for an E2160?

I have the stock HSF mounted after removing my TRUE for another build, and it's running hotter even with a lower speed, lower voltage, and a louder fan. I plan to get a new HSF at some point, but I don't want to cook the chip before I do.

(I realize there are probably old threads addressing this question, but I also realize that knowledge changes with time.)

Yup, RealTemp, CoreTemp, the one you like more.
Distance to TJMax is reported directly by each core so is the only value which can be trusted because your CPU thermal behavior (thermal throttle/shutdown) is dictated by it.

You can play with different TJMax values to see high/low core temperatures but distance to TJMax is the same always.

I know that's a little hard to seek higher values for distance to TJMax (instead lower values for "old fashioned" cores temperatures) but you'll get used to it.
At least I get used to it. :)

Back