• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which setup for graphics work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

ok I currently have an intel Q9450 clocked at 3.2ghz with 4gigs of ram installed on an Asus Rampage formula, I traded some hardware on here for an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition with 8 gigs of ram which will be installed into a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard, either system will be utilizing an ATI 4870 video card.

The system will primarily be used for graphics work using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Acrobat Pro. So to get to the question which one will be faster, I know the intel though older is no slouch.

thanks

The AMD definitely will be faster. It won't even be close. Sandy bridge though would whip the tale off your AMD system. It should be fine for what you need though.

The AMD system is good enough for what you will be doing. You will not have to worry to much. If you see a slow down with the work you are doing, you may want to work with your Memory and OC that.

The AMD X6 will definitely be faster, that's what i\I would go with.

Back