• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jumping mouse! (razer naga)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Itsi

I've been having this off and on problem with my mouse lately. I have a razer naga and for some reason it jumps on the screen in the direction im going and make everything really annoying and difficult. Sometimes its fine and sometimes its not. When i uninstalled the driver and utility for it it was working perfectly for a while but i couldn't adjust my sensitivity or anything like that. Then it started doing it again and i tried other methods. I thought maybe i needed to update my video drivers, that didnt work. I thought maybe my overclock was unstable so turned that back to stock. I started trying ridiculous things not even related to the issue. I tried other mice and had a twitching mouse as well.

Has anybody else had this problem with a naga or any other mouse? Also like to mention its wayyyyy worse with the driver and utility installed.

I doubt it's OC-related. Looks like a bad mouse or badware in Windows.

And just to make sure, I would check the PCI-E clock setting and keep it at 100.

I had a similar issue with my Lachesis, turned out it was some dust/hair in the laser "hole". I sucked it out with a vacuum and it was fine. However I have also heard of this issue with failing mice, the fact that it is effected more with driver installs may point to failing hardware.

However this may also have to do with the dpi setting since a higher dpi setting will increase sensitivity to dirt/dust on the laser.

I'm encountering a similar issue recently, but it only seems to happen when I'm holding the right mouse button down. Gonna try air dusting the area out and see if something is just getting in the way. I've had the mouse for 1-2 years now I think, and the problem started within a week ago. Seems when i hold the mouse down, the pointer tends to flicker, like the button is cutting out or something.

..I also have a Naga. I had to send my first one back because it would move horizontal but not verticle. The one I have now takes its time to function when I have to plug it back in to my pc.

Otherwise, I have found that it you blow the optical, it proformance very good.

I use a very high tech method of cleaning the optical...I blow on it very hard lol.

So far, that always results in improved proformance.

..I also have a Naga. I had to send my first one back because it would move horizontal but not verticle. The one I have now takes its time to function when I have to plug it back in to my pc.

Otherwise, I have found that it you blow the optical, it proformance very good.

I use a very high tech method of cleaning the optical...I blow on it very hard lol.

So far, that always results in improved proformance.

Ok, i just tried that and seems to be working well . . . who'd've though. Thanks for the advice.

Thats Razer mouse for you. I had the Death Adder. I got it home, plug it it, installed, and I would watch the mouse move with out even touching the mouse. I took it back got a second one, same thing stated to happen with in a week, but it was much worse, it would also skip like you are talking about. Took the second one back, got a Logitech G700, have had it since with no issue.

Only thing i could think of is either horrible driver support, or just bad cheep hardware. the Logitech i have, i have had no issues with.

I ended up fixing it and I haven't had any problems since. They also updated the drivers for it and its much better. It was a new product when I got it so I don't blame them. they got it fixed.

... similar issue ... it was some dust/hair in the laser "hole" ... may also have to do with the dpi setting since a higher dpi setting will increase sensitivity to dirt/dust on the laser.

OMG I just signed up for OC.com since this so simply solved something which has been driving me NUTS for 2 weeks now. Just blowing into that mousehole for 2 seconds fixed my similar problem with Razer Naga Hex. Problem started when I started playing around with DPI settings, polling rate and acceleration. I thought I had entered a settings "black hole", or that the mouse was going bad. Now, all is well again. Thanks for the reply and the solution!:thup:

Back