• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU @ Stock = BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScottyCFC

Hi Everyone,

Had this Blue Screen problem for about 5 months now. I would just upgrade, but... recession lol.

I think I narrowed the blue screen to the CPU, but before splashing out on another CPU, I want your opinion.

Basically, with BIOS settings at default, windows wont even get past the fancy splash screen. However, if the CPU is set to at least 1.525 Volts, its more stable. I know its high, but its the only way to get full boot of windows. After about 30mins - 1 hours... I usually get a BSOD.

System is cool with front and rear 120mm fans, stock CPU fan, I replaced the thermal paste, ensuring everything is clean. CPU is usually under 40 degrees.

All drivers are up to date. New install of windows 7 about 3 times.

What do you think? Another CPU?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

thanks

Scott

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
C2D E6750 @2.66
4 x 1Gb OCZ Ram
MSI P35 Neo Mobo
GTX 550 Ti
750W PSU
3 x 500Gb HDD

Blue screen error message?

Possible ram corruption?

Any particular thing time when BSOD happens?

Try Memtest to rule out corrupt ram, also try one stick at a time.

What exact model memory and power supply do you have? Have you tried setting the memory timings and voltages manually within the BIOS?

1.525v at stock speed is, frankly, bad. I'm running a QX9650 at 4.0 GHz with 1.4v. Raising the voltage here is likely not helping the situation.

Last edited:
Blue screen is always a 124

Tried each ram stick on its own

BSODs are random, Videos, Internet Explorer and even idle.

Ill try that memtest, thanks.

Not too sure on the model types, but have tried 3 different PSU's. I'll try that memtest and let you know.

Back