• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OLD speaker system, any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMHO older speakers(depending on the brand) are much better in being reliable and long lasting with great if not the exact sound you are looking for.

for example me and my father cleaned our basement last year and found a nice set of Lafayette speakers and a very nice and old sony amp, plugged them in after cleaning the wire terminals and BAM! to this day its the best sound system i have ever heard

Fire it up and see how it sounds. Only way to know!

Bose isn't that great by any time period's standards, but it should give you decent sound. The receiver is a cheaper model, but should also give decent sound.

I had near exact Inifinty speakers many years ago (like, 15 years ago). They were fantastic. Just make sure nothing is blown or punctured, then sit back and enjoy.

The Bose might be okay speakers but I'm not a fan and have always considered them a hype product. However, early Bose systems like the one pictured were decent sounding. It appears you might have lucked out big time here! :)

If memory serves, that Onkyo for its time was considered a good amp. It will be missing a lot of the better surround signal processing because of its age, but will probably handle standard dolby surround fine.

Back