• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570, 800core / 2100mem is max...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ambizro

Registered
Is the highest I could get my card to go. had to run 1.1v aswell. but its now stable 24/7 I tested occt for hours with no errors.

I see a lot of people posting way higher core but I dunno if I just have a picky chip that doesn't like to be oc'd or is everyone running those numbers just to run a 1-2 min bench tool.

I find it hard to believe that they can run 900+ core 2100+ mem on 1.1v all day with no errors on occt.

At stock clock my card does well, i ran tests and compared to other gtx 570 / 580 and ait 6970 and 6950 cards with people in my games to see if i was on point which i was. So i know more overclocks are good as well. not huge numbers but a good amount none the less.

Just curious about the rest of you guys with these very high overclocks and how stable they are and does that mean my card just doesn't like to go higher.

its a evga non oc'd model gtx 570.

my comp specs are

i5 760 oc'd to 4.2gig
4 gig on corsair domi
cm gx 750 psu
asus p7p55d mobo

just wanted some feedback.

thanks.

and yes i am a new oc'er as of the past couple months.

I know how you feel man, my last 2 cpu's have been dogs in the oc dept. :)

I havent run occt in years, but they fold and bench fine at this speed. My EVGA will not do a lick more then 900, and on its own you can only give it 1.1v max. With my Asus I can give it over 1.2v, but its not worth it to me, it too gets a bit cranky after 900. I havent really played with mem clocks, stock is 1900 so I just run em at 2k.

For the record I do run this speed 24/7, they clock down like normal, so idle temps are around 35c-40c depending on the ambients and they load at about 70c or so with the fans up.

Altho in a case they will hit in the high 70s low 80s, I dont like that :)

I must be lucky, my 570 is stable at 961 Core and the MClock is at 2204. It runs perfectly stable and I've tested it by playing Metro 2033 for 2 hours with no hiccups.

Some are dogs, some overclock well... it happens. But you definately got the short end of the overclocking stick. Good thing you dont even need to overclock the card to play games well. ;)

Back