• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no video after second card inserted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bhk7594

Hi everyone, I had a 480 gtx with a EK block in my system running fine. I drained the loop and added a second 480 gtx with another ek block and the EK bridge and now I am not getting video feed from either card.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing you have tried both cards on their own? Have you tried both cards in different PCI-e slots?

Also: Checked the loop for leaks etc?

Me being stupid I forget to test the card before I put it under water but would one bad card cause both cards to give me no feed even if there were not connected via the SLI bridge?

Even if connected via the sli bridge its hard to believe one faulty card could damage the other.

Could you take us through the trouble shooting you have done so far?

First thing I tried was a different monitor via the DVI then a different monitor via the HDMI

I then repeated that process with the SLI bridge disconnected

I made sure there were no leaks and that the cards were fully seated and the power cables were connected

At this point im trying to think of everything I can do before I have to deconstruct the loop

I would say lets find out for sure. Test that new card, the guessing game don't work very well when it comes to computers I'm afraid

Yea, I went through this with a GPU in SLI that was causing me fits with random lockups. I had to put both cards back to air, swap back and forth, SLI/non SLI till I found the culprit. Pain in the Hieny for sure.

Any Mobo settings? You get output from the second card with the SLI connector removed? Dunno if you can even do that, just a guess.

Good luck, be glad it's a hobby and not a job.

^ I can confirm video output from the a 2nd video card is possible. Atleast till the drivers kick-in. Although thats going back a few years

Bummer...testing components in a loop is no fun.

Everything go OK with the water block install...no oddities? Otherwise, if you still have the connector cover (that little blue plastic piece that comes with the card to insulate the PCIE connector), you may be able to pull the first card (and power connections), put that cover on and leave the new one in while you boot and see if anything comes up. That should allow you to test it with the new card only without having to remove from the loop, just be extra sure there's no way the first card can short to something on the mobo, case, etc. If it works, then check SLI and driver. If not, you will need to test it in the same slot as the first card. That should point you in the right direction as to whats wrong.

Good luck.

Yea, I went through this with a GPU in SLI that was causing me fits with random lockups. I had to put both cards back to air, swap back and forth, SLI/non SLI till I found the culprit. Pain in the Hieny for sure.

Any Mobo settings? You get output from the second card with the SLI connector removed? Dunno if you can even do that, just a guess.

Good luck, be glad it's a hobby and not a job.

I do not get any video feed from either card with or without the SLI connector. I think I will drain it and refill the loop with the new card in the first PCI-E slot for starters and relay back in a day or two. This is gonna be fun....

Back