• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird buzzing noise (gigabyte 560 ti SOC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoBioN

I experience this weird buzzing noise when for example watching intro videos on games, But in auctualy gameplay its not there, it also there when playing minecraft. its not very load but noticable.

Any idea what causes this.

On a new build, My motherboard can't hold BIOS settings when off power (tried alot of things) and the SSD in it was defective, and now this. To be honest, if it has no impact, i'd rather just live with it, kinda tired of RMA'ing the half PC

EDIT: Tested with a ATI 4870 and the buzzing was also there in minecraft (only in menu's). But not as loud,

Then i tested it with the inbuilt GPU in the i5 CPU, and there was not any buzzing...

Last edited:
Have you actually gotten up close and personal with your PC components while the noise is happening to pin point where it's coming from? Sometimes PSUs can buzz/squeal/whine; what PSU are you running?

Have you actually gotten up close and personal with your PC components while the noise is happening to pin point where it's coming from? Sometimes PSUs can buzz/squeal/whine; what PSU are you running?

In that case, why dident it do it while on the CPU - GPU

NorthQ 1000 watt

Is it possible to somehow determine if its the psu? But wouldent it do it when in Gameplay also then?

You need to make the PC start making that noise continuously, however you can; run Minecraft maybe. Then open the case and see if you can tell exactly where the noise is coming from.

Back