• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

single slot, full-cover & universal water blocks for the 560Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jalyst

Single-slot = block/top & fittings don't make front of card extend more than 14.5mm into neighbouring card's back keep-out zone.
i.e. Whatever part of the block fits "between the cards", must be less than 12mm.
Fittings can make overall thickness greater than 12mm if a block is full-cover...
As with FC blocks, fittings aren't usually situated "between" cards, hence they won't extrude into the keep-out zone.

Here's an excellent resource for comparing the performance of full-cover & universal blocks.
Although it's a shame the very latest blocks for the 5xx series of nV GPU's aren't yet tested.
Full-covers at least should be tested by now, as they can change quite a bit more from generation to generation.

Is there any single slot full-covers or universals (560Ti) that aren't on my list below?
Which is the best performing single slot full-cover & universal in your opinion?
If there's not any decent single slot universals, then which universal do you prefer?
I will buy 1x full-cover & 1x universal, both single-slot preferably, this is all I've found so far:

_________
Single-slot

Full-cover:
*Dangerden DD-GTX560
Seems to have limited compatibility...
*HeatKiller GPU-X³ GTX560 "Hole Edition"
Better compatibility? According to PPC the "hole edition" offers slightly better cooling than the non-hole edition.

Universal:
*Koolance GPU-180-H06's thin enough @11mm, but considering it's newer brethren (210/220) didn't do too well here.
It's likely to do much poorer than even them, & hence be unsuitable should I want play with OC'ing etc.
*This design by fitseries looks almost perfect, cept it's prolly best not to have the VRM/Mem sitting under the waterways.
Otherwise it's not really a GPU-core-only block anymore, perhaps what's suggested by WL is a better compromise?
Although personally I'd prefer my universal to be truly GPU-core-only, & to use sink/s on the Mem/VRM.
Alas nothing like any of this seems to exist!!! :(

Full-cover:
*Koolance VID-NX580: it seems Koolance makes nothing for 550/560Ti, they only have this for 570/580.
I'm wondering if I could still use it on 560Ti, but it also seems too thick for true single slot anyway @16mm?
*EKWB EK-FC560 GTX: nickel plated copper base, & non-nickel plated copper base. From what I can tell from specs...
Combined thickness of acetal top + copper base for both is 13.1mm, meaning neither would be suitable as single slot.
Nickel plated one is off my list already because of widespread plating issues...
Lack of copper density for the copper only one too, but apparently that hasn't been proven yet?

Universal:
*EKWB universal VGA blocks
*Swiftech MCW82 + 560Ti mounting kit + this heatsink system?
*Maze5-GPU: user in another thread claims it's usable with 560Ti & is single slot.
I've seen no evidence that it's usable, & neither does the OEM claim that.
There's also no block dimensions on the site, so it's hard to know if it's single slot.
Update: DD support says the Maze5 is 30mm & Maze5 LP is 24mm, so both are too thick!

Looks like the priciest stuff @ most retailers, is it any good?
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p9494_Innovation-Cooling-Diamond-24-Carat---4-8g.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=46_58&products_id=26061
*UPDATE*
It's pretty clear after looking at this & vapor's post in the comments, that PK-1 is the 2nd best option after IX.
And as IX is tailored specifically for different CPU sockets, PK-1 becomes the obvious choice!

Last edited:
Is there any single slot full-covers or universals (560Ti) that aren't on my list?

Which is the best performing single slot full-cover & universal in your opinion?

If there's not any decent single slot universals, then which universal do you prefer?

Thank-you.
The Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X GTX-560 "Hole Edition" blocks are of excellent quality. Single spaced, parallel feeds are also available instead of the double spaced ones shown below. The HDMI adapter plates are made by EK.

Attachments

• IMG_1464s.jpg
    IMG_1464s.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 479
The Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X GTX-560 "Hole Edition" blocks are of excellent quality.

Thanks for confirming!
It's my fav. full-cover so far, based on +ve feedback elsewhere too.
Unless there's others out there that aren't yet on my list.

Single spaced, parallel feeds are also available instead of the double spaced ones shown below.

You mean so the cards are right next to each other, instead of there being a slot in-between?
No "biggy" for me as I've no interest in dual GPU configs at this stage.

The HDMI adapter plates are made by EK.

HDMI adapter plate...
Wouldn't the card's built-in i/o backplate already have a HDMI slot cut-out in it?

EK makes great full card water cooling blocks. If you look at EVGA web site, they may have a FTW Hydro Copper water block for your model. Reference only.

however, if the Ports force a dual slot, as in there is an output port on the same slot as the vents, you can not convert it to single slot. Radeons are notorious for that, but its worth it considering they were designed to allow eyefinity without a second card.

EK makes great full card water cooling blocks.

Alas they're no good, see OP.

If you look at EVGA web site, they may have a FTW Hydro Copper water block for your model. Reference only.<SNIP>

Are you saying EVGA make full-cover blocks, but that unlike most full-covers, they may not be single slot?

Thank-you!

You mean so the cards are right next to each other, instead of there being a slot in-between?
No "biggy" for me as I've no interest in dual GPU configs at this stage.
Yes, that's correct.

HDMI adapter plate...
Wouldn't the card's built-in i/o backplate already have a HDMI slot cut-out in it?
Yes, but this "bracket" converts the the card to an overall thickness of about 25mm. The original has vent slots above the VGA connectors.

^ Ah now I see what you mean...
I guess most 560Ti's have i/o back-plates that are way too thick (i.e. take-up more than one slot).
Hence the need to unscrew them & screw one of these on!?

Yes EVGA makes full cover water blocks for some of their cards, and they do sell the PCI plates to convert everything to single slot. However, I recommend down grading your card to the 460, and SLIing. It might be a tad bit expensive because I forgot the price. I assume maybe 400 tops, but currently its a good value in 2011, and it will outperform a 580 overclocked.

That's only if you haven't bought the card yet.

The idea of downgrading cards is to reduce the cost, and increase performance. The TI 460 has better scaling capabilities then a 560 TI reference. A 460 cost at least 150 dollars to buy one, 300 to get two and SLI them. A 560 cost 250-270 for one card, and over 400 to buy two. In fact two 460's beats the current nvidia flagship when it is singled card and the 560 when SLIed.

The SLI scaling on a 560 is poor when compared to a 460. And say if you are going for a triple monitor setup, its going to be substantially cheaper. Plus EVGA actually has a hydro copper built for the 460. All you have to do is order it from their site, receive a life time warranty and they ship you the single slot card with the block and back-plate on it.

Pay no mind to the extremist who tends to spend tons of money for very high end cards. You are looking for a card(s) that is able to play the current and future games at an affordable cost, not buy the most expensive card, only to find out that in two years it will be obsolete.

Yea, why buy old tech? Sure, it has it's reasons.

This discussion could be restarted by tangletail in the Nvidia section and it can be discussed there.

Pay no mind to an extremist, also known as most members here at OCF......:facepalm:

Aw, you hurt me Conumdrum :3 not all of us has an amazing budget of 5000 dollars. I normally go with old tech. The drivers are always good and non-experimental. Most of the bugs are worked out already, and sometimes you will be surprised at how good it really is. Like the R5970. Its old, made in 2008... I think, however it is still the fastest GPU since then to now. And so far... it seems unrivaled.

But I digress, I recommend the 460 because the hydro copper will save you a few bucks and 30 minutes of installation.

Last edited:
The TI 460 has better scaling capabilities then a 560 TI reference. The SLI scaling on a 560 is poor when compared to a 460.

Really, what's the basis for this, poor drivers?
Surely this is likely to improve very soon, if not already.
5xx series has been out since the beginning of the year!

SLI's not a huge interest for me right now -if ever.
Only reason I moved up to 560Ti, is that I realised I may want to play the odd PC game.
And unfortunately a GT430 (or similar) isn't going to cut-it on a 42" or larger plasma.

It's for a HTPC build, & originally I'd planned to use integrated GPU, or a low power discrete.

Plus EVGA actually has a hydro copper built for the 460.
All you have to do is order it from their site, receive a life time warranty and they ship you the single slot card with the block and back-plate on it.

Do they have one's for the 560Ti series?

Aw, you hurt me Conumdrum :3 not all of us has an amazing budget of 5000 dollars.

I think you'll find he was directing that at me :shrug:

Last edited:
Nope. Bringing up the other GPU's isn't a bad thing. But when everyone begins to derail your thread on a GPU vs GPU tangent, we loose focus. You have already chosen your card.

An extremist is different in everyones eyes. I'm sure he meant well, but going big is part of the hobby, we get as much as we can within our budget.

And a 560ti is a good card. No reason to go with older tech if you can afford it. It will be a good choice for an HTPC with a bit of good gaming in mind.

I wish I had a $5000 budget too!

jalyst said:

1. And unfortunately a GT430 (or similar) isn't going to cut-it on a 42" or larger plasma.

1. All cards can play on that unless you were to bump the res past 1080, then it becomes noticeable

And Conumdrum. I wish I had that kinda money too, then I'd be an extremist. But I am an extreme cheapskate <3.

Anyways, most gpu blocks go untested souly because they all yield close to the same results. Your temps will be cut down significantly but it would be hard to keep the GPU's at a delta.

All cards can play on that unless you were to bump the res past 1080, then it becomes noticeable.

N.P.
Already determined that none of the lower-end cards are sufficient for HD gaming.
Close, but no cigar... :bday:

Anyways, most gpu blocks go untested souly because they all yield close to the same results. Your temps will be cut down significantly but it would be hard to keep the GPU's at a delta.

Good point!
Um do you know the answers to my other Qns to you in my prior post?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No, there are no Hydro coppers made for the 560Ti You would have to buy a third party GPU water block

Nope. Bringing up the other GPU's isn't a bad thing. But when everyone begins to derail your thread on a GPU vs GPU tangent, we loose focus. You have already chosen your card.

Ah I see, yes indeed I have already chosen my card, thanks.
So some favs out of my full-covers & universals?
Or would you use something diff. to what I've listed.

Last edited:
Just buy stuff would you? You must be ready to blame us to high heaven if it ain't right.
Get some big basketballs.......

What are you talking about?
I don't blame people for mistakes I make, I'm not delusional.

Back