• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ghost for mac

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

Hello,
does anyone know of any free ghosting tools for mac? I have no idea where my cousins recovery disks are for her computer and i want to be able to ghost her hard drive. The only way i think i would be able to ghost her hard drive is if i made a bootable disk and ghost it on my pc from hard drive to hard drive.

any ideas?
thanks

OH and if anyone knows how to test for bad sectors on a mac that would be great google is giving confusing results

SuperDuper is one of the best back-up imaging tools. Bootable back-ups, etc. YOu can even use the built in Disk Utility.

To test the drive for bad sectors use Disk Warrior or Drive Genius.

found the recovery disks. got my cousin an external enclosure for the old hdd and just put a fresh OS on her computer(on new hdd). Thanks for the back up though. I would have used that except i had to go back to college and didnt have any time.

does mac have the ability to ability to obtain user settings if the systems hard drive was put into an external drive? if so how. Im more of a PC person.

you can do a migration via migration assistant and will transfer that specific user account over if you want.
or if there was a time machine back-up you can restore from that as well.

Back