• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 8500, retail or oem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Retail is faster. Its 275/275 and the oems are 250/250 some of them are even 230/230. And the retail have faster memory 3.6ns vs 4ns. I just replied to a post like this the other day. I wish people looked a little bit before they ask the questions.

Retail no questions asked...

the OEM's come with crap ram... much slower...

if you're lucky u can mod an OEM to retail speeds...

save yourself the headache and buy the retail..

if u use teh search function u'll find more indepth about this issue...in previous posts

but this is the jist of it

Ottoman, my OEM has 3.6ns memory(same as the retail)

Also my OEM is just as fast as any Retail, even faster than some retail units

But with that said I honestly believe that you can save yourself alot of aggrevation by buying a retail unit.

Many retailers dont know what they are selling and an OEM is a total [email protected] you'll get a 249.5/249.5 3.6ns version, maybe you'll get a 230/230 4ns version

If you want retail speeds of 275/275 3.6ns get a retail

If you are a gambler get an OEM and say a prayer and hope for the best.:p

If you are lucky and go retail maybe you will get one with 3.3ns memory

Ottoman said:
Retail no questions asked...

the OEM's come with crap ram... much slower...

if you're lucky u can mod an OEM to retail speeds...

save yourself the headache and buy the retail..

if u use teh search function u'll find more indepth about this issue...in previous posts

but this is the jist of it

Talk to Silversinksam about the OEM scene he is the one who knows everything about all the flavours of OEM 8500's offered. You can find a good OEM that will run faster then retail speeds but it is a crapshoot but then again an OEM at 250/250 ain't no slouch it will perform better than a G3 Ti200.

Cisco Kid:eek:

Why do my quotes come out differnet from everyone elses?

And my OEM smokes the Ti500s.

{PMS}fishy said:
Why do my quotes come out differnet from everyone elses?

And my OEM smokes the Ti500s.

I would not say it smokes a Ti500, they are fast cards on the average faster than the 8500's I believe, and I am an ATI fan with a 7500.

You may just start something with that statement ....LOL

Remember to really compare you would need identical systems with the 2 cards running the same benchmarks to make a 100% conclusion....

Cisco Kid:D

Cisco Kid said:

I would not say it smokes a Ti500, they are fast cards on the average faster than the 8500's I believe, and I am an ATI fan with a 7500.

You may just start something with that statement ....LOL

Remember to really compare you would need identical systems with the 2 cards running the same benchmarks to make a 100% conclusion....

Cisco Kid:D

The ti500s are not faster than the 8500

Thats why the 8500s are #1 in the hall of fame.

8500 owns!

Back